Seton Hall Preparatory School
- Seton Hall Prep is a private boys high school (grades 9-12) of the Archdiocese of Newark.
- Founded in 1856, Seton Hall is the oldest Catholic college preparatory school in New Jersey.
- The Prep provides an academically demanding environment to approximately 900 young men from a diverse spectrum of over 120 towns in the northern part of New Jersey.
- SHP takes as its mission the development of the whole man—spiritual, intellectual, social and physical.
- The Prep community proceeds from a belief that growth as a whole person is not limited to secular knowledge but involves the spiritual fulfillment that has been a central concern in its educational tradition.
- In as much as such growth and maturity are rooted in personal and social responsibility, a code of conduct and expectations is in place to guide the student community in their daily activities.
- Consequent to its Catholic identity, SHP seeks to foster an ecumenical and diverse community, faithful to a Judeo-Christian heritage.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||959 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||79 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Jersey City Grades: 9-12 | 930 students
144 Grand Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201) 547-6400 11.6 9-12
- Morristown Grades: 7-12 | 609 students
230 Mendham Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 538-3231 14.7 7-12