Oratory Preparatory School
- Founded in 1907, Oratory Prep is committed to the educational development of young men (grades 7'12), sharing with them a vision of life rooted in and enlivened by the Roman Catholic tradition.
- Oratory offers a rigorous education to prepare our students for college and beyond.
- The Oratory Family is a small, tightly knit community with a strong tradition of spiritual vitality, academic excellence, and community service.
- Oratory's focus on the individual has made an important difference in the lives of thousands of young men.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||358 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morristown Grades: 7-12 | 609 students
230 Mendham Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973)538-3231 9.4 7-12
- West Orange Grades: 9-12 | 937 students
120 Northfield Ave
West Orange, NJ 07052
(973)325-7737 7.4 9-12
- Jersey City Grades: 9-12 | 907 students
144 Grand Street
Jersey City, NJ 07302
(201)547-6400 17.3 9-12
- Roselle Grades: 9-12 | 354 students
350 Raritan Rd
Roselle, NJ 07203
(908)245-2350 7.6 9-12
My son is in 7th grade. He loves going to school. The teachers are exceptional. they engage with their students and want their students to do well. Choosing oratory for our son was the best decision we made. we are blessed to be part of the oratory family
- Posted by Parent - Carolyn Grassi
Great school with great people! School is improving in all aspects each year, and it is awesome to watch it grow!
- Posted by Parent - Mom
OP has it all, great academics, athletics, faculty, administrators, students, parents, facilities and student body. Wish we had more boys ....
- Posted by Parent - Proud OP Parent