Grace Christian School
Grace Christian School Photo #3 - "See You At the Pole Day" - a national day of student prayer. Our student body saying the Pledge of Allegiance.
If you're looking for quality, traditional Christian education in the Columbus area, then Grace Christian School is the school for you.
GCS offers an appealing student-teacher ratio, quality academics, and the A Beka curriculum all at a competitive price! If this interests you, please give us a call at 706-323-9161.
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Students: 170 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,300
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
(Call for uniform requirements)
(Call for uniform requirements)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
The above is an average. K3 - K5 (half day): $3,665.00 1st - 12th (full day): $4,912.00
Total Sports Offered
- HISTORY: Grace Christian School was established in 1979 as a ministry of Grace Baptist Church under the leadership of Pastor Walter Lee Hodges.
- MISSION: Grace Christian School exists to honor Jesus Christ by partnering with Christian parents to educate the next generation of Christian leaders. We accomplish this through a qualified, Christian staff teaching a high-quality, Christian curriculum. Our goal is to cultivate a caring, compassionate, Christian environment in which Biblically-minded students can freely and passionately live the principles of the Word of God while receiving a quality education.
- PHILOSOPHY: Grace Christian School holds to a traditional form of education. Our classrooms are led by the teachers, not controlled by the students. Our students utilize phonetic reading, repetition, drills, and memorization for foundational learning skills early in their academic careers. As they progress, these foundational learning skills will mature into conceptual and critical thinking. GCS strives to maintain a truly Christian philosophy of education, high academic standards, and the proper emphasis upon morals, discipline, and social development. Standards of conduct and discipline are Bible-based to develop Christian character and sound values. The desire of the school is that the home, church, and school work together to "train up a child in the way he should go" (Proverbs 22:6). Grace Christian School is a ministry of Grace Baptist Church.
- ACADEMICS: The purpose of our reporting system is to give parents and students an accurate indication of the progress which is being made and an opportunity to communicate with teachers about it. Engrade, our online grading system, and report cards also function as an objective form of communication between the parents and teachers. Each student is evaluated in two areas: academics and citizenship. GCS offers two diploma tracks for high school students. Twenty-four credits are required for the College Preparatory Diploma. Twenty-two credits are required for the Standard High School Diploma.
- CURRICULUM: Grace Christian School exclusively uses the ABeka curriculum produced by Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola, Florida, in which the Bible is interwoven into every subject area. More information about this curriculum can be found at http://www.abeka.com".
- EXTRACURRICULAR: Grace Christian School offers a competitive sports program for our 6th - 12th grade to include volleyball and softball for girls and basketball for boys. Our junior varsity girls` team was Georgia state champions for the 2015 2016 school year! Grace Christian School offers an opportunity for students to participate in Fine Arts Competition. With categories such as acting, singing, playing instruments, academic testing, and preaching competition, students can voluntarily use their talents to compete against other Christian schools at the state and national level. Two of our students who attended nationals last year won first place in speech! We also had three students receive second place in the state for academic testing.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Grace Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.