Grace Christian School
Tel: (706) 323-9161
- If you're looking for quality, traditional Christian education in the Columbus area, then Grace Christian School is the school for you.
- GCS offers an appealing student-teacher ratio, quality academics, and the A Beka curriculum all at a competitive price! If this interests you, please give us a call at 706-323-9161.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Georgia Accrediting Commission
Georgia Association of Christian Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||92 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,300|
|Tuition Notes||The above is an average. K3 - K5 (half day): $3,665.00 1st - 12th (full day): $4,912.00|
|Admissions Director||Bryan McDonald|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
- HISTORY: Grace Christian School was established in 1979 as a ministry of Grace Baptist Church under the leadership of Pastor Walter Lee Hodges.
- MISSION: Grace Christian School exists to honor Jesus Christ by partnering with Christian parents to educate the next generation of Christian leaders. We accomplish this through a qualified, Christian staff teaching a high-quality, Christian curriculum. Our goal is to cultivate a caring, compassionate, Christian environment in which Biblically-minded students can freely and passionately live the principles of the Word of God while receiving a quality education.
- PHILOSOPHY: Grace Christian School holds to a traditional form of education. Our classrooms are led by the teachers, not controlled by the students. Our students utilize phonetic reading, repetition, drills, and memorization for foundational learning skills early in their academic careers. As they progress, these foundational learning skills will mature into conceptual and critical thinking. GCS strives to maintain a truly Christian philosophy of education, high academic standards, and the proper emphasis upon morals, discipline, and social development. Standards of conduct and discipline are Bible-based to develop Christian character and sound values. The desire of the school is that the home, church, and school work together to "train up a child in the way he should go" (Proverbs 22:6). Grace Christian School is a ministry of Grace Baptist Church.
- ACADEMICS: The purpose of our reporting system is to give parents and students an accurate indication of the progress which is being made and an opportunity to communicate with teachers about it. Engrade, our online grading system, and report cards also function as an objective form of communication between the parents and teachers. Each student is evaluated in two areas: academics and citizenship. GCS offers two diploma tracks for high school students. Twenty-four credits are required for the College Preparatory Diploma. Twenty-two credits are required for the Standard High School Diploma.
- CURRICULUM: Grace Christian School exclusively uses the ABeka curriculum produced by Pensacola Christian College in Pensacola, Florida, in which the Bible is interwoven into every subject area. More information about this curriculum can be found at http://www.abeka.com".
- EXTRACURRICULAR: Grace Christian School offers a competitive sports program for our 6th - 12th grade to include volleyball and softball for girls and basketball for boys. Our junior varsity girls` team was Georgia state champions for the 2015 2016 school year! Grace Christian School offers an opportunity for students to participate in Fine Arts Competition. With categories such as acting, singing, playing instruments, academic testing, and preaching competition, students can voluntarily use their talents to compete against other Christian schools at the state and national level. Two of our students who attended nationals last year won first place in speech! We also had three students receive second place in the state for academic testing.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Columbus Grades: PK-12 | 790 students
440 Bradley Park Dr
Columbus, GA 31904
(706) 234-1392 2.9 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: 1-8 | 21 students
7880 Schomburg Rd
Columbus, GA 31909
(706) 561-7601 6.6 1-8
- Columbus Grades: PK-12 | 33 students
7909 Fortson Road
Columbus, GA 31909
(706) 221-7352 5.2 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-5 | 148 students
4217 Saint Marys Rd
Columbus, GA 31907
(706) 689-8044 4.3 PK-5
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?