Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School
- At the Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School, education is the beginning of a lifetime voyage of discovery.
- Mr. Sagrin at Blackboard. We are committed to offering our students a rigorous classical education in preparation for the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- Meeting students at each stage of their development, our curriculum fully integrates the fine and practical arts with the sciences, mathematics, literature, and the study of our cultural heritage – from its foundations in myth and legend to the study of modern history.
- The Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School strives to lead children to a balanced development of clear and precise thinking, a rich and healthy emotional life, and a developed power of will.
- This will allow children to worthily apply their thoughts, feelings and actions to practical challenges in the world.
- To achieve this goal each teacher works artistically with a curriculum that integrates the arts, humanities and sciences in a manner compatible with human developmental stages as explained by Rudolf Steiner.
- An understanding of these developmental requirements helps teachers form lessons that enliven students' imaginations and enhance their ability to establish moral relationships to the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||184 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School also viewed these schools: Berkshire Meadows, Broach West Elementary School, Children's Institute For Learning Differences (CHILD) and Morningside Academy.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Housatonic Grades: Inquire with school | 22 students
249 N Plain Rd
Housatonic, MA 01236
(413) 528-2523 5 Inquire with school
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12 | 75 students
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904) 389-5106 949.1 K-12
- Renton Grades: K-12 | 44 students
2640 Benson Road S
Renton, WA 98055
(425) 336-3260 2378.6 K-12
- Seattle Grades: 1-9 | 90 students
901 Lenora Street
Seattle, WA 98121
(206) 709-9500 2383 1-9
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.