Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School
- At the Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School, education is the beginning of a lifetime voyage of discovery.
- Mr. Sagrin at Blackboard. We are committed to offering our students a rigorous classical education in preparation for the most demanding high schools and colleges.
- Meeting students at each stage of their development, our curriculum fully integrates the fine and practical arts with the sciences, mathematics, literature, and the study of our cultural heritage – from its foundations in myth and legend to the study of modern history.
- The Great Barrington Rudolf Steiner School strives to lead children to a balanced development of clear and precise thinking, a rich and healthy emotional life, and a developed power of will.
- This will allow children to worthily apply their thoughts, feelings and actions to practical challenges in the world.
- To achieve this goal each teacher works artistically with a curriculum that integrates the arts, humanities and sciences in a manner compatible with human developmental stages as explained by Rudolf Steiner.
- An understanding of these developmental requirements helps teachers form lessons that enliven students' imaginations and enhance their ability to establish moral relationships to the world.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||196 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017