Guidepost Fort Mason
- AltSchool is a place where creativity and exploration come together with rigor, purpose, and structure.
- At AltSchool, we are cultivating the next generation of lifelong learners who possess the knowledge, strength of character, creativity, and drive to impact the modern world.
- Our educators put students at the center of their own learning by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and awareness to advocate for themselves. As agents of their own learning, AltSchool students are creating the change they want to see in the dynamic environments around them.
- Students learn and are assessed on non-academic life skills with the same level of rigor as core academic knowledge.
- We are accepting applications for transitional kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2019-2020 school year (limited spaces still available for 2018-2019).
- Please submit an application by January 15, 2019 to receive an admissions decision by March 21, 2019.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$28,000|
|Tuition Notes||2018-19 annual tuition for lower school is $28,000 and middle school is $28,600.|
|Admissions Director||Jillian Williams|
Our small, community-based campus supports the development of deeply enriching relationships between students, educators, and families. We explore the following areas:
- Personalized Project-Based Learning: Educators use a proven cycle of learning that aligns with how children learn best.
- Multi-Age Programs: Two-year age bands replace traditional grades; our programs challenge and support students at their individual level of knowledge and skills.
- Learning Beyond School Walls: Small, community-based campuses blur traditional boundaries between school and community. Exploring the community and bringing experts into our schools grounds learning in real-world experiences.
- A Whole-Child Approach: A deep learner profile for each student that goes beyond grades and test scores, incorporating knowledge, skills, and habits-and evolves with your child.
- A Bigger Purpose: Students and parents contribute to co-creating a platform that not only powers our schools but also aims to improve education for all children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 255 students
2250 Franklin St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415)673-4523 0.8 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 255 students
1275 Sacramento Street
San Francisco, CA 94108
(415)771-6600 1.4 K-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.