Guidepost Fort Mason
Tel: (415) 429-2008
- Guidepost Montessori is a place where creativity and exploration come together with rigor, purpose, and structure.
- At Guidepost Montessori, we are cultivating the next generation of lifelong learners who possess the knowledge, strength of character, creativity, and drive to impact the modern world.
- Our educators put children at the center of their own learning by equipping them with the knowledge, skills, and awareness to advocate for themselves. As agents of their own learning, Guidepost Montessori children are creating the change they want to see in the dynamic environments around them.
- Children learn and are assessed on non-academic life skills with the same level of rigor as core academic knowledge.
- We are accepting applications for transitional kindergarten through 8th grade for the 2020-2021 school year (in-person).
- Please submit book a tour on our website https://guidepostmontessori.com/fort-mason.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,000|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Smith|
Our small, community-based campus supports the development of deeply enriching relationships between students, educators, and families. We explore the following areas:
- Personalized Project-Based Learning: Educators use a proven cycle of learning that aligns with how children learn best.
- Multi-Age Programs: Two to three-year age bands replace traditional grades; our programs challenge and support students at their individual level of knowledge and skills.
- Learning Beyond School Walls: Small, community-based campuses blur traditional boundaries between school and community. Exploring the community and bringing experts into our schools grounds learning in real-world experiences.
- A Whole-Child Approach: A deep learner profile for each student that goes beyond grades and test scores, incorporating knowledge, skills, and habits-and evolves with your child.
- A Bigger Purpose: Children and parents contribute to co-creating a platform that not only powers our schools but also aims to improve education for all children.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 239 students
2250 Franklin St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 673-4523 0.8 NS-8
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.