Cathedral School For Boys
- Cathedral School for Boys, founded in 1957, strives to provide education in the best practices of single sex education for boys, in the tradition of the Episcopal Church.
- We believe that this education is derived from three main sources: the highest academic and personal standards humanely applied; a diverse community united in its concern for the school and for the world; and an active engagement with one's own spiritual path.
- Academically, the school sets high standards in literacy, basic skills, self-discipline, the joy of learning, and the pursuit of wisdom.
- We set equally high standards in good behavior, caring, mutual respect, truth telling and honor, and emphasize these qualities in all aspects of school life.
- Art, music, drama and physical education are integral parts of the curriculum.
- We prepare boys to enter demanding secondary schools confidently. We recognize that there are a variety of learning styles and paces among able students, and we try to teach accordingly.
- Teachers focus on learning styles, which are boy-friendly: hands-on, active study that allows for movement and vigor.
- We affirm the integrity of childhood and the elementary curriculum, and do not try to replicate secondary school studies.
- Our mission is to provide an excellent education for boys at the elementary level; to attract a diverse student body of strong academic potential; and to provide a school committed to intellectual inquiry and rigor, welcoming to people of all religious traditions and beliefs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
California Association of Private Special Education Schools (CAPSES)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||273 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,700|
|Tuition Notes||Adjustable Tuition is available based on need.|
|Admissions Director||Catherine K. Madison|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess, Choir, Community s, Community Service, Debate, Fencing, Student Counsel|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Daly CityGrades: KG-8 | 465 students
7 Elmwood Dr
Daly City, CA 94015
- San FranciscoGrades: KG-8 | 247 students
660 Filbert St
San Francisco, CA 94133
- San MateoGrades: NS-8 | 305 students
16 Baldwin Ave
San Mateo, CA 94401
- San FranciscoGrades: K-8 | 408 students
2750 Jackson Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
- San FranciscoGrades: NS-8 | 924 students
801 Silver Ave
San Francisco, CA 94134
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.