Cathedral School For Boys
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 267 students
- Yearly Tuition: $37,300
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Blue oxford shirt, gray pants, black shoes. Ties for grades 5-8.)
Finances and Admission
Club or Organization:
Chess, Debate, Math Olympiad, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Every day, Cathedral School for Boys lives its Mission as anEpiscopal School with the goal of graduating capable and confidentyoung men who are prepared to make a positive difference in theworld. Our approach is student-focused and rests upon four pillars:Minds, Hearts, Hands, and Voices.
- Minds: Our school strives for academic excellence. Cathedral`sintentionally small community ensures that each boy is known andappreciated by every teacher. Whether the boys are workingindividually or collaborating in a group, our teachers focus asmuch on the process of learning as on the results. Character,courage, and integrity matter as our boys learn to perseverethrough challenging questions that expand their minds.
- Hearts: Our community is openhearted. Our boys learn empathyand respect, and they demonstrate these attributes daily. Cathedralboys care for themselves and others. They celebrateaccomplishments, learn from setbacks, and help each other. Theylearn to compete with dignity and succeed with grace. In keepingwith our Episcopal identity, our boys learn to value the uniqueworth of all people as they gain a sense of responsibility to theirbroader community.
- Hands: Our teachers emphasize hands-on learning. Ourinteractive curriculum integrates current events and experiencesoutside the classroom, such as field trips, outdoor education, andservice-learning. We believe that athletics and the visual andperforming arts are equally important, and we help the boys developan appreciation for both. Cathedral boys become compassionateleaders who seek to serve others inside and outside theSchool.
- Voices: Our students are effective communicators. Within ourinclusive community, our boys learn to become thoughtful listenersas they advocate for themselves and for others. From presentationsin the classroom, to singing with the community, to speaking beforethe student body, our boys gain the confidence needed to expressthemselves respectfully, honestly, and with conviction.
- Since its founding in 1957, Cathedral School for Boys continuesto educate the whole boy ensuring that he is both academicallyprepared and eager to make a difference. We are committed toremaining small in size and large in influence.
Endorse Cathedral School For Boys. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards