Cathedral School For Boys
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Kindergarten-8
- Students: 259 students
- Yearly Tuition: $40,500
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
(Blue oxford shirt, gray pants, black shoes. Ties for grades 5-8.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Chess, Debate, Math Olympiad, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
- Every day, Cathedral School for Boys lives its Mission as an Episcopal School with the goal of graduating capable and confident young men who are prepared to make a positive difference in the world. Our approach is student-focused and rests upon four pillars: Minds, Hearts, Hands, and Voices.
- Minds: Our school strives for academic excellence. Cathedral's intentionally small community ensures that each boy is known andappreciated by every teacher. Whether the boys are working individually or collaborating in a group, our teachers focus as much on the process of learning as on the results. Character, courage, and integrity matter as our boys learn to persevere through challenging questions that expand their minds.
- Hearts: Our community is open-hearted. Our boys learn empathy and respect, and they demonstrate these attributes daily. Cathedral boys care for themselves and others. They celebrate accomplishments, learn from setbacks, and help each other. They learn to compete with dignity and succeed with grace. In keeping with our Episcopal identity, our boys learn to value the uniqueworth of all people as they gain a sense of responsibility to their broader community.
- Hands: Our teachers emphasize hands-on learning. Our interactive curriculum integrates current events and experiences outside the classroom, such as field trips, outdoor education, and service-learning. We believe that athletics and the visual and performing arts are equally important, and we help the boys develop an appreciation for both. Cathedral boys become compassionate leaders who seek to serve others inside and outside the School.
- Voices: Our students are effective communicators. Within our inclusive community, our boys learn to become thoughtful listeners as they advocate for themselves and for others. From presentations in the classroom, to singing with the community, to speaking before the student body, our boys gain the confidence needed to express themselves respectfully, honestly, and with conviction.
- Since its founding in 1957, Cathedral School for Boys continues to educate the whole boy, ensuring that he is both academically prepared and eager to make a difference. We are committed to remaining small in size and large in influence.
Endorse Cathedral School For Boys. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards