Hanc - West Hempstead
- The Hebrew Academy of Nassau County educates boys and girls from nursery through high school throughout Long Island by providing a high quality and thorough curriculum rooted in Torah and mada, based in academic excellence.
- HANC provides a dynamic, Orthodox Jewish education that fosters intellectual and spiritual understanding and love of Torah, and commitment to its mitzvot and values.
- An emphasis on midot tovot infuses all aspects of school life.
- HANC provides a challenging curriculum in general studies according to the highest educational standards as a complement to, and enhancement of, Torah study.
- By creating a climate of active intellectual inquiry in both disciplines, HANC encourages exploration and understanding of the world.
- HANC emphasizes the responsibility of each Jew toward G-d and all people.
- HANC nurtures the many different facets of life in each of our students- the academic and intellectual, the moral and spiritual, and the communal.
- As an academic institution, HANC provides an exceptional education for our students, serving each student according to his or her own individual talents and specific needs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Society of Hebrew Day Schools (NSHDS)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-6|
|Total Students||315 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Hempstead Grades: K-12 | 109 students
307 Eagle Ave
West Hempstead, NY 11552 0.5 K-12
- West Hempstead Grades: NS-12
240 Hempstead Avenue
West Hempstead, NY 11552
(516)565-5640 0.8 NS-12
- West Hempstead Grades: NS-8 | 343 students
12 Westminster Rd
West Hempstead, NY 11552
(516)481-9310 1.1 NS-8
- Hempstead Grades: PK-2 | 49 students
35 Fulton Avenue
Hempstead, NY 11550
(516)486-3463 1.3 PK-2
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.