Hebrew Academy Of Five Towns & Rockaway
- The Hebrew Academy of the Five Towns and Rockaway is an orthodox Jewish Yeshiva with the Torah as the foundation of its philosophy.
- Education consists of developing intelligence, acquiring knowledge, mastering skills, and forming character.
- According to the Torah, the parent is the primary teacher, and by extension the teacher, while in school, is in loco parentis.
- It is the role of both the teacher and parent to cooperate, to guide, and assist in the development of the whole child, academically, intellectually, emotionally, spiritually, and socially.
- The student will be expected to respect, to make proper appraisals of, and to contribute towards the improvement of society.
- As a faculty, it is our mandate to provide the proper environment, in both general and Judaic studies, for total growth of the child as a responsible Jewish American.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1,320 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.