Hebrew Academy Of Tidewater
- The Hebrew Academy of Tidewater Konikoff Center of Learning and Strelitz Early Childhood Center offer a warm, rigorous academic community that welcomes infants through 5th grade students from all backgrounds.
- For nearly 60 years, the strengths of our traditions, outstanding dual curriculum and dedicated faculty have contributed to our continued success. As a school, we are committed to providing a thirst for learning and the building blocks of good character. Our graduates are confident and well prepared to meet the challenges of the modern world as evidenced by their seamless transitions into the best private and public school programs.
- Call or email to schedule a tour of the school
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||International Baccalaureate (IB) World School|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||230 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||52 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please email for tuition information.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carin Simon|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
- The Hebrew Academy of Tidewater is an IB World Candidate School
- The school`s mission is to provide the highest quality education and to establish a strong foundation for lifelong learning in a dynamic, supportive, and enriching Jewish environment.
- The strength of the program is built upon a rigorous and comprehensive academic curriculum of science, math, social studies, Jewish studies, Hebrew language, music, art, physical education, and the use of advanced technology. An outstanding faculty infuse students with a spirit of respect, tolerance, inclusiveness, and ethics that extend from within and beyond the classroom.
- Students are prepared for the rigors of academic programs at other fine schools while instilling a strong foundation and understanding of who they are.
- Graduates make confident transitions into ALL the best independent schools, IB academies and honors programs. From there, they are accepted into the most well-respected colleges and universities including Brandeis, Princeton, University of Virginia, Duke, and many more.
- Facility boasts a regulation size gym, soccer field, tennis courts and indoor pool.
- Teachers know strengths and needs of all students within a warm and caring atmosphere
- Extra help and enrichment available
- Clubs and intramurals
- Financial aid available
- All teachers certified by the Virginia Department of Education or meet other professional accreditation standards
- Full membership in and accreditation by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS) and National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
- Constituent agency of the United Federation of Tidewater
- Hours: M-Thurs 8 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. and Fri 8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Virginia Beach Grades: 3-12 | 56 students
5163 Cleveland St
Virginia Beach, VA 23462 0.6 3-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: K-12 | 162 students
640 Kempsville Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757)495-5200 1 K-12
- Virginia Beach Grades: PK-8 | 664 students
5343 Virginia Beach Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23462
(757)497-1811 1.1 PK-8
- Virginia Beach Grades: NS-K | 120 students
805 Kempsville Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
(757)495-4611 1.4 NS-K
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.