Henry Barnard School At Ri College
- The Henry Barnard School is Rhode Island College's laboratory school.
- In this unique capacity it serves students from preschool through fifth grade and provides a site to assist the College with the preparation of teachers.
Henry Barnard School At Ri College places among the top 20% of private schools in Rhode Island for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (part time): $7,140 Preschool: $8,917 Kindergarten: $6,820 Grades 1 - 5: $6,690|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Haven Starr|
- As a laboratory school, our preschool through fifth grade students may have daily interactions with college students. In addition to the core curriculum, students have weekly classes in Spanish, art, physical education, music, and technology education. An afterschool program, Explorations, is available from dismissal to 5:30 PM, and during school vacations. There is a very supportive and active Parents' Association. Tuition is revised each year, and specific costs are shown on the school's web page. Tuition differs for preschool, kindergarten, and grades one through five.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 2.9 NS-12
- North Providence Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
(401)351-0403 0.8 PK-8
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
240 Regent Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
(401)831-3993 1 PK-8
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 193 students
75 John Street
Providence, RI 02906
(401)274-3325 3.2 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.