Henry Barnard School At Ri College
- The Henry Barnard School is Rhode Island College's laboratory school.
- In this unique capacity it serves students from preschool through fifth grade and provides a site to assist the College with the preparation of teachers.
Henry Barnard School At Ri College places among the top 20% of private schools in Rhode Island for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (part time): $7,140 Preschool: $8,917 Kindergarten: $6,820 Grades 1 - 5: $6,690|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Haven Starr|
- As a laboratory school, our preschool through fifth grade students may have daily interactions with college students. In addition to the core curriculum, students have weekly classes in Spanish, art, physical education, music, and technology education. An afterschool program, Explorations, is available from dismissal to 5:30 PM, and during school vacations. There is a very supportive and active Parents' Association. Tuition is revised each year, and specific costs are shown on the school's web page. Tuition differs for preschool, kindergarten, and grades one through five.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401)831-7350 2.9 NS-12
- North Providence Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
(401)351-0403 0.8 PK-8
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 198 students
240 Regent Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
(401)831-3993 1 PK-8
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 193 students
75 John Street
Providence, RI 02906
(401)274-3325 3.2 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?