Henry Barnard School At Ri College
Tel: (401) 456-8801
The Henry Barnard School is Rhode Island College's laboratory school.
In this unique capacity it serves students from preschool through fifth grade and provides a site to assist the College with the preparation of teachers.
Henry Barnard School At Ri College places among the top 20% of private schools in Rhode Island for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Laboratory Schools|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||298 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (part time): $7,140 Preschool: $8,917 Kindergarten: $6,820 Grades 1 - 5: $6,690|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Haven Starr|
- As a laboratory school, our preschool through fifth grade students may have daily interactions with college students. In addition to the core curriculum, students have weekly classes in Spanish, art, physical education, music, and technology education. An afterschool program, Explorations, is available from dismissal to 5:30 PM, and during school vacations. There is a very supportive and active Parents' Association. Tuition is revised each year, and specific costs are shown on the school's web page. Tuition differs for preschool, kindergarten, and grades one through five.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: NS-12 | 753 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 831-7350 2.9 NS-12
- North Providence Grades: PK-8 | 145 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911
(401) 351-0403 0.8 PK-8
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
240 Regent Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
(401) 831-3993 1 PK-8
- Providence Grades: NS-8
75 John Street
Providence, RI 02906
(401) 274-3325 3.2 NS-8
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.