St. Pius V School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (401) 421-9750
St. Pius V School Photo #2 - Small class sizes in the middle school with honors math and literature courses make it possible for Saint Pius V Graduates to attend the high school of their choice. Graduates of Saint Pius V School go on to attend schools such as: LaSalle Academy, Saint Raymond's Academy, Bishop Hendericken, Classical Academy, & Lincoln School.
St. Pius V School Photo #3 - Saint Pius V School is committed to the flourishing of the whole child: physically, spiritually, emotionally, socially, and intellectually. Each child is a gift from God that we want to guide to their full God-given potential.
St. Pius V School Photo #4 - The Early Childhood program is attentive to the needs of mental, emotional, spiritual, and social development of the small child. Pre-K is an academic rather than a play-based program. Many students entering Kindergarten are early or emergent readers.
St. Pius V School Photo #5 - Saint Pius V School offers a broad program for children from preschool to 8th grade including: art, music, technology, physical education and Spanish.
St. Pius V School Photo #6 - One of the elements that makes St. Pius V School so special is our sense of community. Events like STEAM Night, Culture Night, Harvest Festival and many others bring our families together both in and out of the school day.
Saint Pius V School, founded in 1929, has been operating continuously for the past eighty-eight years.
Today, Saint Pius serves 220 children from our own Elmhurst neighborhoods and several neighboring cities.
The Dominican Sisters of St. Cecilia are an integral part of the school's faculty and staff, serving as classroom teachers and as principal.
The Sisters, along with a dedicated staff of Catholic educators, strive to educate the whole child in Truth enabling Saint Pius V graduates to become self-disciplined, reflective, and faith-filled contributors to society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||234 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Skirts, Jumpers, Button Down, Ties)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Newspaper, Recycling Club, Scouts, Student Council, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Band Program, Choir, Drama Club
- As a Dominican parish school, St. Pius V upholds truth as the guiding principle of its academic program. Truth is founded on the person and teachings of Jesus Christ. School emphasizes the need to strive for excellence in all academics in order that students may further the Gospel message in all areas of life. We believe that God manifests Himself through creation and Divine Revelation and that grace builds on nature. We therefore foster the development of knowledge and talents of our students.The academic program includes the following subject areas: Religion, Language Arts, Math, Social Studies, Science, Physical Education, Music, Art, Technology, and World Language (Spanish). In grades 6, 7, and 8, the school offers advanced courses in Literature and Math.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Providence Grades: PK-8 | 196 students
240 Regent Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
(401) 831-3993 0.9 PK-8
- Cranston Grades: PK-8 | 188 students
85 Chester Avenue
Cranston, RI 02920
(401) 944-4107 3.9 PK-8
- Providence Grades: PK-5 | 298 students
600 Mount Pleasant Ave
Providence, RI 02908
(401) 456-8801 0.8 PK-5
It's a very good school, great curriculum and the 2nd grade teacher is the best one.
- Posted by Parent - Robbie
I am so Blessed to have this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Maia
Great school. Excellent extra curricular programs. Vibrant place!
- Posted by Parent - donkie99
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.