Hillsboro Christian School offers a low-cost, high-value education alternative to parents seeking a Christian-based alternative to public school in the Hillsborough, NH area.
HCS challenges our students to discover and use their unique God-given gifts to serve our Lord Jesus. We train them to develop Godly character and embrace a Christian worldview. We encourage them to exhibit Christian character in and out of school.
Hillsboro Christian School uses the A Beka curriculum in use in over 118,000 schools internationally. Millions of students have demonstrated the effectiveness of the A Beka method. Students average 2-3 years above grade level on standardized tests.Traditional classroom instruction is delivered by master teachers using advanced classroom DVD technology. Our teacher mentors provide individual attention and support to students in the classroom and during study time.Texts, workbooks and reference materials supplement the instruction of master teachers and enable students to engage in additional study and homework.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 46 students
- Yearly Tuition: $1,950
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 3 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 18%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Discounts available for families with multiple students enrolled
% on Financial Aid
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Music class, Shop Class
Music class, Shop Class
- Hillsboro Christian School began with the 2002-2003 academic year as a ministry of Hillsboro Baptist Church. Every year since then HCS has offered a low-cost, high-value education alternative to parents seeking a Christian-based alternative to public school in the Hillsborough, NH area.
- VISION STATEMENT To challenge our students to discover and use their unique God-given gifts to serve our Lord Jesus. We train them to develop Godly character and embrace a Christian worldview. We encourage them to exhibit Christian character in and out of school.
- FEATURES OF HCS INCLUDE Strong academic program with proven results* Small classes affording individual attention* Caring, Christian teachers* Christ-centered Biblical instruction* Extracurricular activities* Physical education and athletic skills development* Outdoor education experiences* Meaningful field trips* Woodworking class available for grades 7-12* Academic help classes available to students who have difficulties with specific subjects*
- PARTNERS IN EDUCATION Hillsboro Christian School seeks to help parents prepare young people through a Christ-centered academic and Biblical curriculum to pursue, accept, and follow God`s will for their lives.
- HCS utilizes the Abeka curriculum which has been in use 118,000 schools worldwide. Instruction is delivered through the use of Master teachers on DVD's while our onsite teachers are available to give extra instruction/direction as needed.
- HCS offers small class sizes thereby allowing our onsite teachers to spend additional time with those students who need it.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Hillsboro Christian School cost?
Hillsboro Christian School's tuition is approximately $1,950 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Hillsboro Christian School?
The acceptance rate of Hillsboro Christian School is 80%, which is higher than the national average of 75%.
When is the application deadline for Hillsboro Christian School?
The application deadline for Hillsboro Christian School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Hillsboro Christian School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
The Evolution of Early Reading Strategies for Children
Explore the journey of early reading strategies from the 17th century to the present day, uncovering the evolution of tools, methods, and technologies that have shaped how children learn to read. This article delves into the historical milestones and contemporary approaches that offer a fascinating look at literacy development in children.
The Evolution of School Choice: A Focus on Vouchers
Explore the history and evolution of school choice, focusing on vouchers. This article provides an in-depth analysis of vouchers' origins, growth, benefits, and criticisms as part of the broader school choice movement, along with a look at current trends and future outlook.
August 11, 2023Admissions Matters: Following Up, The Competition, & Deadlines
Navigating the complex landscape of private high school admissions requires expertise and insight. This article delves into essential areas that every school should master: inquiry follow-up, standing out in a competitive market, and choosing between rolling admissions and fixed admissions deadlines.