Hilltop Country Day School
- As Sussex County`s only independent school, Hilltop embraces a "pioneering" spirit, which guides us as we work to develop a model school program that is committed to providing a highly educational environment for all children.
- Hilltop is first and foremost a community dedicated to the development of the whole child.
- Who our students are becoming, as people, is just as important to us as what and how they are learning.
- Our program is designed to attend to the academic, social, emotional and physical needs of students from the preschool years through early adolescence with an emphasis on creativity and a love of learning. We value our community and especially the important ways in which it embraces the role of parents.
- Although the school, through its professional faculty, designs and implements curriculum, we look to parents for support and input.
- Communication between home and school is open and maintained regularly throughout the school year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(no blue denim, collared shirts for boys)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,785|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kevin Folan|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Martial Arts, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Fencing, Martial Arts,
Track and Field
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Ridge Grades: PK-K | 108 students
5676 Berkshire Valley Rd
Oak Ridge, NJ 07438
(973)697-4564 6.9 PK-K
- Franklin Grades: PK-7 | 179 students
65 Church St
Franklin, NJ 07416
(973)827-3777 6 PK-7
- Newton Grades: NS-PK | 135 students
14 Old Swartswood Road
Newton, NJ 07860
(973)383-2621 7.6 NS-PK
- Sussex Grades: PK-8 | 68 students
51 Unionville Avenue
Sussex, NJ 07461
(973)875-5595 12.3 PK-8
My daughter started at Hilltop this year and absolutely loves the school. The quality of education is excellent! My husband and I could not be happier!
- Posted by Parent - Tristina
We have three kids at Hilltop and they absolutely love it. Previously they all attended a public school and, while they did well, we were concerned they were not being challenged. This instantly changed once they enrolled at Hilltop. Our kids, including our preschooler, come home everyday passionate about the various projects they worked on at school. How many six year olds come home and talk about surface tension in bubbles and how to properly code a color sorting robot? We love Hilltop!
- Posted by Parent - Rachel
Our son has been at hilltop this is his third year, unfortunately he has some medical issues but the school has worked with us immensely. He feels totally comfortable and the students missed him so much and smothered him with letters, cards, so when he returned it felt like he never missed months of school. I certainly don't feel like it would be the same feeling at a public school. This year he is excelling beyond belief in Kindergarten eager to learn, almost reading. We are definitely very happy with this school.We love the fact he is learning a different language, and is taking piano lessons and the S.T.E.A.M. program after school is his favorite.
- Posted by Parent - deann
I can't say enough positive attributes that would express adequately how wonderful Hilltop is. The rigor of academics is incrediby well balanced with the creative process. The staff is without exception committed to the students, from the custodian to the Head of Schools. Just a lovely School.
- Posted by Parent - Sgibs
I will highly recommend Hilltop. Each of my children have been give the type of individual attention which has allowed them to excel. The open communication with the teachers, who know their students so well, is extremely helpful as a parent.
- Posted by Parent - joann
The Upper School Science program is extremely comprehensive. My child was well prepared for high school science.
- Posted by Parent - thero