Pope John XXIII High School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (973) 729-6126
- Pope John XXIII Regional High School Mission Statement: Through the inspiration of Pope Saint John XXIII, we seek to strengthen Catholic faith; promote academic excellence, integrity, and leadership; and practice love, care, and compassion for all human beings in the gospel spirit of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 8-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||745 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||28 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government, AP Computer Science, AP Economics, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP Environmental Science, AP European History, AP French, AP Human Geography, AP Italian, AP Latin, AP Physics C, AP Physics I, AP Physics II, AP Psychology, AP Spanish, AP Statistics, AP U.S. Government, AP U.S. History, AP World History|
|Average SAT score||1210|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Varies by grade)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,273|
|Admissions Director||Mr. George Mihalik, Enrollment Director|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Anne Kaiser, Director|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter Track, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Fencing, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Winter Track, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic Team, American Spirit Singers, Chess Team, Debate Club, Faith & Ministry, Film Club, French Club, FTC Robotics, Future Business Leaders of America, Green Team, Habitat for Humanity, Interact Club, Italian Club, Key Club, Microscopy Club, Mock Trial, Music Club/Show Band, Pawprints, Pep Band, Photography Club, Pope John Players - Theater, S.A.B. - Stand Against Bullying, Science League, Search for Christian Maturity, Ski Club, Spanish Club, Stand Tall, Zero Robotics
- Since 1956, Pope John XXIII Regional High School has challenged its students to "Be an Honor to the Father." The high school is part of The Catholic Academy of Sussex County, a PreK-12th institution located in Sparta, New Jersey. The Academy boasts fully integrated academic, artistic and athletic programs on one beautiful 70+ acre campus. Whethers it's robotics in 1st grade or the performing arts in 9th grade, the dedicated and highly-qualified staff at the Academy help students transform an interest into a life-long commitment. Founded on Catholic principles, the Academy seeks to form young men and women confident in their abilities, committed to serving their communities, and guided by a moral compass.
- Pope John XXIII offers a full complement of 139 courses on three levels - 74 Regular, 37 Honors, and 28 Advanced Placement. The school has a robust Arts Program in which students can study theater, visual arts, choral music, instrumental music as well as graphic design. In collaboration with Project Lead The Way (PLTW), Pope John has 4 academic STEM Pathways in (1) Bio/Medical; (2) Computer Science; (3) Engineering; (4) Environmental. We invite you to visit our website at www.popejohn.org and explore the Academics tab to review departments and course offerings.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Sparta Grades: 9-12 | 65 students
385 Houses Corner Rd
Sparta, NJ 07871
(973) 579-6333 2.7 9-12
- Denville Grades: 9-12 | 422 students
200 Morris Ave
Denville, NJ 07834
(973) 627-6674 13 9-12
The school swim team is amazing! The girl's team has won 123 conference meets in a row and 15 consecutive NJAC Conference Championships. The boy's team is undefeated this year and should win the NJAC. Smart kids and great athletes in a family atmosphere.
- Posted by Teacher - Martin
I like this school a lot thus why I selected pope John as my first choice. l will write my BECE this year.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Addo David Brown
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.