Morris Catholic High School
- Top Ranked NJ School
- Grades: 9-12
- Students: 422 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,900
- Acceptance rate: 40%
- Average class size: 19 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 31 / rolling
Academics and Faculty
(White or blue Oxford button down shirt, navy or khaki pants, appropriate sweater or vest, any of the approved uniform shoes and ties for the gentleman.)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Leading the Way
- One of the goals of Morris Catholic is to teach each student how to recognize his or her own potential for leadership through academics, Catholic identity, service, athletics or the arts. Here are the pillars of leadership that distinguish Morris Catholic as the place where leadership comes to life:
- Catholic Identity
- As a Catholic school with the Diocese of Paterson, Morris Catholic integrates the Catholic faith tradition into all all aspects of student life. As a Catholic school, we welcome those students who may not have been raised in the Catholic faith and at the same time, we strive to model and promote the Gospel of Jesus Christ as it has been passed on through the Tradition of the Roman Catholic Church. The Sisters of Christian Charity have taught at MCHS since its founding in 1957 and their convent was converted (in 2015) into Assumption College for Sisters. We are also staffed with two priests, our President and Chaplain. Along with the entire faculty and staff, our President, Fr. Peter Clarke and Principal, Mr. Robert Loia, ensure that the school`s Catholic identity is strong and vibrant.
- Faculty & Staff
- Teachers are the first direct models of leadership for students, and we seek to provide its students with the best. Morris Catholic employs a well-qualified team of nearly 50 devoted teachers and administrators, 70% of whom possess advanced degrees, staffs Morris Catholic. Visit the Faculty and Staff section of our website to get to know our teachers better.
- School Environment
- The school`s environment is rich with tradition, spirituality, respect, and warmth. Visitors often comment on their feeling welcomed and comfortable in our school. This sense of welcome and acceptance, coupled with a healthy awareness of order, make MCHS an ideal placement for the college-prep high school student.
- Academic Excellence
- Our graduates are accepted to and attend some of the finest colleges and universities in the United States. These statistics clearly reflect not just the fine academic program at MCHS, but the high caliber of the hardworking students that contribute to the community. Please visit our Graduation Statistics Page to see the type of colleges and universities our students are being accepted into, as well as scholarship statistics.
- Beyond the Classroom
- Morris Catholic has much available in terms of extra-curricular activities, which complement our well-defined, core academic program. Our Athletic Department offers sixteen varsity programs. In addition to Athletics, Morris Catholic offers more than two dozen clubs covering interests in government, economics, art, photography, podcasting, sewing, guitar and leadership. Morris Catholic sponsors a nationally-recognized performing arts program (Troupe 23) in which students have opportunities to participate in a Fall Drama, Spring Musical, and Summer Nationals. Visit the Athleticsand Arts sections of the website to see what our talented students are doing, and to connect with these departments.
Endorse Morris Catholic High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards