Academy Of Saint Elizabeth
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Established in 1860, the Academy of Saint Elizabeth is the oldest high school for girls in the state of New Jersey, a designation that affirms the highest levels of tradition, excellence, and vitality.
- Our goal is to inspire each of our young women to acquire a strong sense of self, a purpose, and a vision; to develop her talents and leadership skills and to imbue in her a code of moral responsibility that will be her compass for life's journey.
- The Academy of Saint Elizabeth is a Catholic, independent, college preparatory school for young women, founded and sponsored by the Sisters of Charity of Saint Elizabeth.
- The Academy's mission is to promote the disciplines of academic excellence and moral responsibility within a nurturing community of faith.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morristown Grades: 7-12 | 239 students
455 Western Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973)538-3680 3 7-12
- Denville Grades: 9-12 | 413 students
200 Morris Ave
Denville, NJ 07834
(973)627-6674 5.5 9-12
- Watchung Grades: 9-12 | 370 students
1645 Us Highway 22
Watchung, NJ 07069
(908)757-0108 14 9-12
- Caldwell Grades: 9-12 | 316 students
3 Ryerson Avenue
Caldwell, NJ 07006
(973)226-0660 11.9 9-12
My daughter is a Freshman and absolutely loves it! The campus is big and beautiful with athletic fields, tennis courts, and a swimming pool, and the classes are small (12-14). The buildings itself are authentic, with a brand new science lab. The curriculum is challenging and the teachers are interested and helpful. The Varsity sports teams are great, and everyone can play the sport they want. Also, St. E's is the only school with an all year round Equestrian team!
- Posted by Parent - mjfer
The Academy of Saint Elizabeth has been a positive experience for my daughter. She has been able to explore a variety of interests as a novice that she would not have been able to at our public high school. The small class size allows her to have a relationship with each one of her teachers past and present, who are invested in her success. I am watching as the Academy of Saint Elizabeth is fostering my daughter and her classmates in becoming confident young women and our future leaders.
- Posted by Parent - andgr
This school has been a positive and challenging experience for our daughter. She came from a public school and has thrived with the academic challenges of the honors and AP classes. She has improved on on her PSAT scores each year, and the school is focused on getting girls to the next level. With a small school, they have challenged her to be a leader and join clubs and participate in sports, all things that she would not have done in the local public school. She has risen to the challenge. My daughter is looking forward to succeeding in the next level of education, and becoming a leader in the community due to the teachings at AOSE. The faculty encourages her to be the best person she can become and she has thrived at the school. The school is also conveniently located on the Morris & Essex line of NJ transit which, while a worry at first, has turned into a positive experience of meeting other students from both AOSE and other schools on the train line. I highly recommend the Academy of Saint Elizabeth. The single sex education has been something that both my wife and myself wish that we had had while growing up after seeing the positive results in our daughter.
- Posted by Parent - parri
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.