Celebrate The Children
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 129 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Celebrate the Childrenis one of the first schools to use the DIR model to fulfill the requirements of the NJ Core Curriculum Content Standards. We are at an important time in the history of education as many people, including public school districts, are recognizing the needs for approaches for special needs children that look at overall development and target documented deficit areas such as abstract thinking, problem solving, independence, self-esteem, emotions, language, and social interactions in a natural and supportive setting.
- On-site classrooms provide a comprehensive education for our students that meet the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards. These classrooms provide a supportive learning environment for students who are not yet ready to participate in their home district programs or their home districts do not yet offer a program to support their needs. The curriculum incorporates all components of the Celebrate the Children program with a heavy focus on independence, abstract thinking and social skills preparing them for less restrictive environments.
- Parent and sibling training and support include on-site DIR and behavioral training for parents, facilitated play sessions with siblings, and support groups for both parents and siblings. The goal behind this service is to empower family members with an understanding of the student`s individual profile that will result in positive and meaningful relationships.
- Research projects currently underway: `The Efficacy of DIR Programs in Educational Settings`.
- Developmental Individual Relationship-based Intervention/Floortime Model has over 30 years of worldwide success founded by Drs. Greenspan and Wieder. Visit www.profectum.org for more information and training on the DIR approach.
Endorse Celebrate The Children. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards