The Craig School
- The Craig School is an independent, non-profit school specializing in students who have diagnosed, learning disabilities.
- The school offers a strategy-based, college preparatory educational program emphasizing multisensory classroom techniques, organizational methods, effective assistive technology and a social communication curriculum.
- Craig provides a safe, nurturing learning environment with small structured classrooms, positive student-teacher interaction, and strong ties to parents.
- Our campuses in Mountain Lakes for the LS/MS (grades 2-8) and Craig high School located in Boonton (grades 9-12) are designed to serve approximately 130 students.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Language-based learning disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(collared shirts & neat appearance)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call for tuition information.|
|Admissions Director||Nicole Moon|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Fencing, Lacrosse, Soccer, SoftballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Homework Club, many others during school year, Stepping out|
- We offer an academic program aligned with the NJ Core Curriculum Standards. Our program features proven, research-based learning strategies including multi-sensory approaches, assistive technology, and organizational skills. We teach our students how to learn by providing them with meta-cognitive strategies and cross-curricular approaches. These tools allow students to build their academic foundations, increase their ability to be active and independent learners, and develop a sense of who they are as individuals and students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Short Hills Grades: 2-8 | 81 students
30 East Lane
Short Hills, NJ 07078
(973)379-4114 12.6 2-8
- Wayne Grades: 1-12 | 79 students
620 Valley Road
Wayne, NJ 07470
(973)633-3837 11 1-12