The Academy For Children
5.00 (1 review)
Happy Fall : Time to start school Learn about trees and their leaves. What color leaf is your favorite? What tree does it come from? We ask and answer many WH questions here at The Academy!
- The Academy for Children is a non-profit, tax exempt, non-sectarian, educational organization and school which encourages the extraordinary and phenomenal potential of each child through programs for the development and education of children, parents and professionals.
- The Academy for Children encourages the extraordinary and phenomenal potential in each child by encompassing each area of a child's development, within an enriched, positive, and exciting learning and play environment; providing education and expertise to parents empowering them in their life-long quest towards advocating for and facilitating the potential in their children; and encouraging, developing and mentoring professional excellence, empowering each child to achieve his/her potential.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Differentiated education|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No adventure hero clothing/sunscreen/clothing to facilitate movement and independence )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Flexible schedule. Tuition is annual with 5 installments-see website Tuition based on number of half / full days selected|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Barbara C. Frey and Marjorie McCabe-Peacock|
|Admissions Associate||Marjorie McCabe-Peacock|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisDance, Indoor Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Dance Caravan : Boys & Girls classes - Tuesdays
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Action Adventure: Monday thru Friday, Kids in Motion: Lax/Soccer- Mondays, Kids in Motion: Tennis-Wednesday, Kids in Motion: Yoga Tumblers - Thursday
The Academy Builds Your Child's Foundation for a Lifetime of Excellence.
Children Ages 2-6 are immersed in learning with trained teachers, within a positive environment and low student-teacher ratio:
- Academic Readiness: Building Cognitive & Verbal Skills: Offering-*Math & Reading for Me--*Science and Geography-*MacComputer Lab-*Interactive French & Spanish--
- Social, Creative & Physical Development: Building Social & Motor Skills: Offering: *Kindness & Character Building Skills-*Creative Writing & "Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum" - *What I See & Draw Art -*All That Music & Movement. Indoor Gym and Outdoor Playground.
- Environment: Positive, Nuturing & Structured Setting: Offering: *Large Gymnasium-*Outdoor Play & Play Stations-*Bright & Sunny Classrooms-*Modular Daily Schedule-*Learning Centers-*Large Library-*Serving Morris counties Mountain Lakes and Surrounding Communities
- Faculty: Trained, Team Based: Offering: Over 130 Years Combined Experience-*Founding Directors on Site-*Full Time Faculty-NJ Certified N-6-*CPR-First Aid Certified-*Exceptionally Small Student-Teacher Ratio
- Parent Education and Support: Ongoing, open door policy: Offering: Parenting Classes and Advice, Assessments twice a year Guiding child's Full Potential-*Early Drop Off & Late Pick Up Available-*Extra Days Available as needed
- Offering Before School "Early Morning Enrichment": 8:30-9:00 am
- Offering After School Programs: 2:30-4:00 pm: Action Adventures, "Dance Caravan", "Kids in Motion Tennis, Yoga, LAX, and Soccer".
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MontvilleGrades: K-12 | 162 students
160 Changebridge Rd
Montville, NJ 07045
- HobokenGrades: NS-K | 110 students
220 Sinatra Drive
Hoboken, NJ 07030
- DenvilleGrades: NS-PK | 30 students
162 East Main St.
Denville, NJ 07834
- East HanoverGrades: PK-K | 95 students
55 Eagle Rock Ave Unit 2
East Hanover, NJ 07936
- Cedar KnollsGrades: NS-6
15 Halko Drive
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
The Academy is an amazing school ! Both of my sons have attended this school for Pre School and Kindergarten. The faculty are mature, experienced and loving. The class sizes are small and the children receive a lot of individual attention. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - peako
January 23, 2018
What is private school really like? Is there any truth to the rumors you keep hearing? Let's find out.
January 23, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 23, 2018
Keep yourself on track as you work through the private school admissions process.