The Academy For Children Photo #2 - Welcome to the Academy for Children we have been here for 42 years! We are a cornerstone in the community of Mountain Lakes, NJ
The Academy For Children Photo #3 - Our Community Helpers the MLFD visited and we had so much fun! Stop...Drop....and Roll, 9-1-1, Get out and stay out! and where is your meeting place ?? We ask lots of Wh?'s here at the Academy!
The Academy For Children Photo #5 - Tunnel fun in the gym! We use the gym upstairs when the weather does not permit us to go outside. We have scooters, Cozy Coupe Cars, pop up play yards, parachutes and balls. Plus lots more.....
The Academy for Children is a non-profit, tax exempt, non-sectarian, educational organization and school which encourages the extraordinary and phenomenal potential of each child through programs for the development and education of children, parents and professionals.
The Academy for Children encourages the extraordinary and phenomenal potential in each child by encompassing each area of a child's development, within an enriched, positive, and exciting learning and play environment; providing education and expertise to parents empowering them in their life-long quest towards advocating for and facilitating the potential in their children; and encouraging, developing and mentoring professional excellence, empowering each child to achieve his/her potential.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 48 students
- Acceptance rate: 90%
- Average class size: 9 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 1996
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
All fees listed on website, under \"application\" Prorated if starting later. Flexible schedule. Tuition is annual with 5 installments (see website) Tuition based on number of half / full days selected
Summer Program Cost Notes
All fees listed on website. 8 week program M-F, 9 to 3pm, half day option until 12. Early care, 8-9
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Dance Caravan : Boys & Girls classes - Tuesdays
Dance Caravan : Boys & Girls classes - Tuesdays
The Academy Builds Your Child's Foundation for a Lifetime of Excellence.
Children Ages 2-6 are immersed in learning with trained teachers, within a positive environment and low student-teacher ratio:
- Academic Readiness: Building Cognitive & Verbal Skills: Offering-*Math & Reading for Me--*Science and Geography-*MacComputer Lab-*Interactive French & Spanish--
- Social, Creative & Physical Development: Building Social & Motor Skills: Offering: *Kindness & Character Building Skills-*Creative Writing & "Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum" - *What I See & Draw Art -*All That Music & Movement. Indoor Gym and Outdoor Playground.
- Environment: Positive, Nuturing & Structured Setting: Offering: *Large Gymnasium-*Outdoor Play & Play Stations-*Bright & Sunny Classrooms-*Modular Daily Schedule-*Learning Centers-*Large Library-*Serving Morris counties Mountain Lakes and Surrounding Communities
- Faculty: Trained, Team Based: Offering: Over 130 Years Combined Experience-*Founding Directors on Site-*Full Time Faculty-NJ Certified N-6-*CPR-First Aid Certified-*Exceptionally Small Student-Teacher Ratio
- Parent Education and Support: Ongoing, open door policy: Offering: Parenting Classes and Advice, Assessments twice a year Guiding child's Full Potential-*Early Drop Off & Late Pick Up Available-*Extra Days Available as needed
- Offering Before School "Early Morning Enrichment": 8:30-9:00 am
- Offering After School Programs: 2:30-4:00 pm: Action Adventures, "Dance Caravan", "Kids in Motion Tennis, Yoga, LAX, and Soccer".
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of The Academy For Children?
The acceptance rate of The Academy For Children is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 80%.
Does The Academy For Children offer a summer program?
Yes, The Academy For Children offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does The Academy For Children offer?
The Academy For Children offers 1 interscholastic sports: Dance.
When is the application deadline for The Academy For Children?
The application deadline for The Academy For Children is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
The Academy is an amazing school ! Both of my sons have attended this school for Pre School and Kindergarten. The faculty are mature, experienced and loving. The class sizes are small and the children receive a lot of individual attention. I highly recommend this school.
Endorse The Academy For Children. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.