The Academy For Children
5.00 (1 review)
The Academy For Children Photo #2 - Welcome to the Academy for Children we have been here for 39 years! We are a cornerstone in the community of Mountain Lakes, NJ
The Academy For Children Photo #3 - Our Community Helpers the MLFD visited and we had so much fun! Stop...Drop....and Roll, 9-1-1, Get out and stay out! and where is your meeting place ?? We ask lots of Wh?'s here at the Academy!
The Academy For Children Photo #4 - Creating : cutting, glueing, and learning - all at the same time!
The Academy For Children Photo #6 - Tunnel fun in the gym! We use the gym upstairs when the weather does not permit us to go outside. We have scooters, Cozy Coupe Cars, pop up play yards, parachutes and balls. Plus lots more.....
- The Academy for Children is a non-profit, tax exempt, non-sectarian, educational organization and school which encourages the extraordinary and phenomenal potential of each child through programs for the development and education of children, parents and professionals.
- The Academy for Children encourages the extraordinary and phenomenal potential in each child by encompassing each area of a child's development, within an enriched, positive, and exciting learning and play environment; providing education and expertise to parents empowering them in their life-long quest towards advocating for and facilitating the potential in their children; and encouraging, developing and mentoring professional excellence, empowering each child to achieve his/her potential.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Differentiated education|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||All fees listed on website. 8 week program M-F, 9 to 3pm, half day option until 12. Early care, 8-9|
|Total Students||41 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||All fees listed on website, under "application" Prorated if starting later. Flexible schedule. Tuition is annual with 5 installments (see website) Tuition based on number of half / full days selected|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Marjorie McCabe-Peacock|
|Admissions Associate||Barbara Frey|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, TennisDance, Indoor Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Cherub Choir - After School Program, Dance Caravan : Boys & Girls classes - Tuesdays
The Academy Builds Your Child's Foundation for a Lifetime of Excellence.
Children Ages 2-6 are immersed in learning with trained teachers, within a positive environment and low student-teacher ratio:
- Academic Readiness: Building Cognitive & Verbal Skills: Offering-*Math & Reading for Me--*Science and Geography-*MacComputer Lab-*Interactive French & Spanish--
- Social, Creative & Physical Development: Building Social & Motor Skills: Offering: *Kindness & Character Building Skills-*Creative Writing & "Handwriting Without Tears Curriculum" - *What I See & Draw Art -*All That Music & Movement. Indoor Gym and Outdoor Playground.
- Environment: Positive, Nuturing & Structured Setting: Offering: *Large Gymnasium-*Outdoor Play & Play Stations-*Bright & Sunny Classrooms-*Modular Daily Schedule-*Learning Centers-*Large Library-*Serving Morris counties Mountain Lakes and Surrounding Communities
- Faculty: Trained, Team Based: Offering: Over 130 Years Combined Experience-*Founding Directors on Site-*Full Time Faculty-NJ Certified N-6-*CPR-First Aid Certified-*Exceptionally Small Student-Teacher Ratio
- Parent Education and Support: Ongoing, open door policy: Offering: Parenting Classes and Advice, Assessments twice a year Guiding child's Full Potential-*Early Drop Off & Late Pick Up Available-*Extra Days Available as needed
- Offering Before School "Early Morning Enrichment": 8:30-9:00 am
- Offering After School Programs: 2:30-4:00 pm: Action Adventures, "Dance Caravan", "Kids in Motion Tennis, Yoga, LAX, and Soccer".
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mountain Lakes Grades: 2-12
10 Tower Hill Rd
Mountain Lakes, NJ 07046
(973)334-1295 0.4 2-12
- Cedar Knolls Grades: NS-6
15 Halko Drive
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
(973)829-8484 4.8 NS-6
- East Hanover Grades: NS | 37 students
55 Eagle Rock Ave Unit 2
East Hanover, NJ 07936
(973)581-7100 6.7 NS
- Hoboken Grades: NS-K | 110 students
220 Sinatra Drive
Hoboken, NJ 07030
(201)222-1464 24.1 NS-K
The Academy is an amazing school ! Both of my sons have attended this school for Pre School and Kindergarten. The faculty are mature, experienced and loving. The class sizes are small and the children receive a lot of individual attention. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Parent - peako
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.