Hochberg Preparatory-solomon Schechter Day School
- Hochberg Preparatory, a Solomon Schechter School is a K - 8th grade program.
- Our educational philosophy strives to achieve a balance of mind, body and spirit, of knowledge and creativity-purpose and values and of freedom and responsibility.
- As a Solomon Schechter Day School, our goal is to educate knowledgeable, committed and sensitive Jewish children who are also productive and responsible citizens.
- At Hochberg Preparatory, we are dedicated to the pursuit of academic excellence and personal growth for all students within our diverse community, providing a quality education for every student.
- The students, staff and parents work together in an atmosphere of respect and cooperation to achieve high academic, behavioral and Judaic skills which enable our students to integrate traditional Jewish thought and ethical behavior with the complexities of modern life.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Miami Grades: NS | 81 students
20400 Ne 30th Ave
Miami, FL 33180
(305)931-0010 0.5 NS
- Miami Grades: NS-PK | 93 students
2225 Ne 121st Street
Miami, FL 33181
(305)891-5508 5.4 NS-PK
- Miami Grades: NS-8 | 206 students
795 Nw 32nd Street
Miami, FL 33127
(305)635-8571 11.6 NS-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.