Holy Child Catholic School
Holy Child offers a unique, Catholic experience to New Mexicans by being the only Catholic School which offers a classical currriculum. We are k-8 and have limited openings. We are recognized by the Institute for Catholic Liberal Education. Come and visit our family atmosphere in the East Mountains, just minutes from Albuquerque Uptown.
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 86 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 51%
Students by Grade
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- We use the curriculum from St. Jerome's Academy in the DC Area. Lower Grammar StageKindergarten: The Cradle of Civilization YearGrade 1: The Greek YearGrade 2: The Roman YearUpper Grammar StageThird Grade: The Medieval YearFourth Grade: The Modern YearFifth Grade: The American YearLogic StageSixth Grade:The Ancient YearSeventh Grade:The Christendom YearEighth Grade:The New World Year
We love the school. We love the teacher to student ratio, the academics, the authentic Catholicism, and the opportunities for the kids to flourish. It really has been an amazing school for our family, and when we compare the academics to what other kids we know are doing even at APS's best schools, it reaffirms what a treasure Holy Child really is.
Holy Child is a Catholic school that applies a classical curriculum, and helped our children, grades 2 and 8, make great strides academically. Class size is small, allowing students to receive the attention they need to succeed. The faculty is the most dedicated and orthodox we've ever met. The art and music program is exceptional.
I'm so grateful for HCCS. It is an amazing school with dedicated, caring staff; outstanding academics; a great arts program and an orthodox Catholic environment. It is tough to find a good school in just one of those areas. To find them all rolled into one is a true blessing.
Endorse Holy Child Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards