Holy Cross Catholic School
Tel: (620) 665-6168
- The mission of Holy Cross Catholic School is to be a Catholic Learning Community Building Disciples of Christ.
- Catholic provide a love of our faith, molding students into caring and committed Disciples of Christ, Learning assist each student to acquire the tools of learning enabling them to become lifelong learners, and Community involve students in cooperative activities creating respectful, resourceful members of the community.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||283 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We are a parish school supported solely by the stewardship gifts from well over 2000 parish families in our three Catholic parishes: Holy Cross, St. Teresa, and Our Lady of Guadalupe. Registered Catholic families do not pay tuition.|
- Holy Cross Catholic School is successful, first, because we have great families with great children! Providing them with exceptional and caring teachers who love to teach children, together we are "A Catholic Learning Community Forming Disciples of Christ." We are a parish school supported solely by the stewardship gifts from well over 2000 parish families in our three Catholic parishes. At the start of our new school year in August 2014, Holy Cross Catholic School has an enrollment of 269 students in grade K-6, with an additional 31 students in our preschool. We provided two classes at each grade level (K-6) with an average size of 19 students per classroom. We continue to offer all-day Kindergarten with full-time teacher aides in the Kindergarten classrooms. Holy Cross Catholic School also provides reading and math resource teachers as well as two Spanish-speaking teacher aides. Four year old preschool is offered Monday through Thursday, with morning and afternoon sessions. Three year old preschool is offered on Friday mornings. Uniforms are worn by all students in four year old Pre-school – Sixth Grade. Breakfast and hot lunch is served. We also offer an after-school program for our parents. The program is designed to accommodate the needs of working parents and provides a safe environment until parents are able to pick up their children. Academic classroom support is provided every day by certified teachers for students in grades 3-6. The after school program has three staff members who provide appropriate supervision, physical and wellness activities, as well as games and a snack. Hours of operation are from 3:15 – 6:00 PM.Holy Cross Works closely with Hutchinson Public Schools, USD 308. Students with special needs are served within our building with the exception of a few of our academically talented students. Services provided include: Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Learning Disabled as well as Gifted. Our Home and School organization (PTO) is a driving force in our school as well. This group helps to promote activities that support the families and children of HCCS. They regularly provide educational resources for our classrooms as well as provide appreciation and support to our teachers. Every parent is a member of our Home and School.We are proud to have very active Dads, Uncles, and Grandfathers at the school. Serving as Dads of Great Students, we have a consistent volunteer attendance from our fathers and father-figures. The men of our parish communities spend the day with our school children (at least one day during the school year and many times more). During their day at the school, they serve as classroom aides, tutors, recess heroes, and provide an extra set of eyes in the building for the safety of our school. They are officially known as the WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students). Established by the National Center for Fathering, Holy Cross Catholic School is strengthened by the presence of our fathers and father-figures. They are our heroes; our students, Moms, and school love that they are involved. Holy Cross Catholic School is successful because it has exceptional families, children, and teachers. Take a look at what they all have recently accomplished.2012-2013 Wichita Diocese St. Bellarmine Awards in Reading, Science, and Religion, in recognition of academic excellence for scoring "exemplary" as a schoolOver 50% of students Exceeding Standards and more than 25% scoring Exemplary in 2011, 2012, and 20132010 Banner School Award for Educational Excellence in the Catholic Diocese of WichitaStandard of Excellence on 2010 state assessments and diocesan religion assessments2009 Governor`s Achievement Award for Academic Excellence scoring within the Top 5% of Kansas schools
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hutchinson Grades: 7-12 | 281 students
1400 E 17th Ave
Hutchinson, KS 67501
(620) 662-5800 1.1 7-12
- Hutchinson Grades: K-9 | 12 students
1615 N Adams
Hutchinson, KS 67501
(620) 259-6953 1.2 K-9
- Hutchinson Grades: NS-12 | 250 students
1910 E 30th Ave
Hutchinson, KS 67502
(620) 663-2174 1.7 NS-12
- Burrton Grades: 7-12 | 12 students
201 South Victory Road
Burrton, KS 67020
(620) 463-6112 1.9 7-12
- Hutchinson Grades: K-12 | 117 students
5013 S. Dean Rd.
Hutchinson, KS 67501
(620) 860-1790 8.6 K-12
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?