Hope Academy Presbyterian Home
- Hope Academy was founded in 1997 to serve the residents of the presbyterian Home for Children, a Christian caring community for children and families.
- From there it has expanded to become an exceptional school with expertise in working with children who need special attention, especially those with learning disabilities, ADHD, or who have fallen behind for any number of reasons.
- Gifted students also find a home in the small classes and personalized level of instruction.
Hope Academy Presbyterian Home places among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Average ACT score||20|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition covers books and supplies.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Linda Harris|
|Admissions Associate||Sue Gallahar|
- SACS-accredited program ensures quality and knowledge that grades will transfer and be accepted at all colleges and universities.
- Above average pass rate on the Alabama High School Graduation Exam.
- Small class size (averaging 6-12 students per teacher).
- Personalized attention allows students and teachers to perform as a team.
- Instructors with a high expectations for academic achievement.
- Close communication between parent, instructor, and child regarding all aspects of the child's development and education.
- Special emphasis on individual instructional needs.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Auburn Grades: PK-12 | 738 students
1601 Academy Dr
Auburn, AL 36830
(334)821-2430 66.2 PK-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.