- Lee-Scott Academy is a college preparatory school offering a quality education in an environment where students are protected, nurtured and challenged with Christian principles that promote the development of the total person.
- The pursuit of excellence is the hallmark of the Academy, complemented by opportunities to participate in programs that encourage student success.
- Lee-Scott Academy offers classes specifically designed to prepare its graduates for entrance to and success at the college level.
- The curriculum is designed to challenge students to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in college and in life.
- The academic goal of the Academy is to equip students for achievement through the acquisition of knowledge and the development of their abilities.
- To this end, Lee-Scott Academy provides a faculty distinguished by the competence, qualification, dedication, and personal character of its members.
- The Academy strives to provide the faculty and staff with the facilities, equipment, curriculum material, and support necessary to accomplish this goal.
- Lee-Scott Academy offers an environment that is safe, enjoyable, caring and stimulating.
- This unique environment is designed to nurture the growth of balanced, responsible, and dedicated young people.
- A vital part of this environment is the active participation of parents and families.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Alabama Association of Independent Schools (AAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||739 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||57 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Economics, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP United States History, College Calculus,|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Pat Limbaugh|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Jane Pointer|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||33 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Anchor Club, Art Club, Concert Band, Drama Club, Elementary Band, Elementary Choir, Elementary Flag Staff, Elementary Safety Patrol, Elementary Tech Team, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fellowship of Christian Musicians, Higher Glory Show Choir, Jazz Band, Junior High Choir, Junior High SGA, Junior High Scholars Bowl, Junior High Tech Team, Key Club, Lee-Scott Ambassadors, Marching Band, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Philanthropy Leadership, Robotics, Secondary Choir, Senior High SGA, Senior High Scholars Bowl, Senior High Tech Team, Spanish Club, The National Honor Society, Yearbook, Young Life Anchor Club, Art Club, Concert Band, Drama Club, Jazz Band, Key Club, Marching Band, Newspaper, Robotics, Spanish Club, Yearbook, Young Life, Elementary Band,
Elementary Flag Staff,
Elementary Safety Patrol,
Elementary Tech Team,
Fellowship of Christian Athletes,
Fellowship of Christian Musicians,
Higher Glory Show Choir,
Junior High Choir,
Junior High SGA,
Junior High Scholars Bowl,
Junior High Tech Team,
National Junior Honor Society,
Senior High SGA,
Senior High Scholars Bowl,
Senior High Tech Team,
The National Honor Society,