- Lee-Scott Academy is a college preparatory school offering a quality education in an environment where students are protected, nurtured and challenged with Christian principles that promote the development of the total person.
- The pursuit of excellence is the hallmark of the Academy, complemented by opportunities to participate in programs that encourage student success.
- Lee-Scott Academy offers classes specifically designed to prepare its graduates for entrance to and success at the college level.
- The curriculum is designed to challenge students to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in college and in life.
- The academic goal of the Academy is to equip students for achievement through the acquisition of knowledge and the development of their abilities.
- To this end, Lee-Scott Academy provides a faculty distinguished by the competence, qualification, dedication, and personal character of its members.
- The Academy strives to provide the faculty and staff with the facilities, equipment, curriculum material, and support necessary to accomplish this goal.
- Lee-Scott Academy offers an environment that is safe, enjoyable, caring and stimulating.
- This unique environment is designed to nurture the growth of balanced, responsible, and dedicated young people.
- A vital part of this environment is the active participation of parents and families.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Alabama Association of Independent Schools (AAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||738 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||53 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Economics, AP English Language and Composition, AP English Literature and Composition, AP European History, AP United States History, College Calculus,|
|Average SAT score||1160|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Pat Limbaugh|
|Admissions Associate||Mary Jane Pointer|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||33 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Anchor Club, Elementary Flag Staff, Elementary Safety Patrol, Elementary Tech Team, Environmental Club, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Fellowship of Christian Musicians, Junior High Scholars Bowl, Junior High SGA, Junior High Tech Team, Key Club, Lee-Scott Ambassadors, National Junior Honor Society, Newspaper, Philanthropy Leadership, Robotics, Senior High Scholars Bowl, Senior High SGA, Senior High Tech Team, Spanish Club, The National Honor Society, Yearbook, Young Life
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Concert Band, Drama Club, Elementary Band, Elementary Choir, Higher Glory Show Choir, Jazz Band, Junior High Choir, Marching Band, Secondary Choi
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Talladega Grades: 1-12 | 38 students
905 Ashland Hwy
Talladega, AL 35160
(256)362-4314 66.2 1-12
- Alexander City Grades: NS-12 | 76 students
425 Franklin Street
Alexander City, AL 35010
(256)234-6421 35.7 NS-12
- Camden Grades: PK-12 | 267 students
1 Earl Street
Camden, AL 36726
(334)682-9619 119.1 PK-12
- Cecil Grades: PK-12 | 297 students
15396 Vaughn Rd
Cecil, AL 36013
(334)277-6566 40.5 PK-12
- Greenville Grades: PK-12 | 527 students
1100 Gamble St
Greenville, AL 36037
(334)382-2604 88.7 PK-12