Coosa Valley Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- Since 1970 Coosa Valley Academy has strived to provide a college preparatory education in a safe and orderly Christian environment that will instill in each student the desire to fulfill his or her greatest academic potential while encouraging mutual respect among students and staff in order to prepare well-rounded individuals for success in life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
- The mission of Coosa Valley Academy is to provide a college preparatory education in a safe and orderly Christian enviroment that will instill in each student the desire to fulfill his or her greatest academic potential while encouraging mutual respect among students and staff in order to prepare well-rounded individuals for success in life.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BirminghamGrades: PK-8 | 204 students
5509 Timber Hill Rd
Birmingham, AL 35242
- ColumbianaGrades: PK-12 | 265 students
24975 Highway 25
Columbiana, AL 35051
- BirminghamGrades: PK-12 | 135 students
1137 10th Pl S
Birmingham, AL 35205
- AlabasterGrades: K-12 | 396 students
1351 Royalty Dr
Alabaster, AL 35007
- BessemerGrades: PK-12 | 354 students
1705 4th Ave Sw
Bessemer, AL 35022
A few days ago another parent said ''When you walk into CVA it feels just like getting a hug''. What a great way to describe the family atmosphere at CVA! I found everything I look for in a school at CVA - great teachers who care about our children, excellent academics, wonderful parents, amazing art program, well equipped attractive facilities and classrooms, and an excellent (very inclusive) sports program.
- Posted by Parent - kate.
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.