Glen Iris Baptist School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The basic concepts of Glen Iris Baptist School's educational system are Christian in character.
- The Bible is the foundation of the educational program. The curriculum includes all the traditional academic subjects, enriched with bible courses and electives.
- Education with a difference. The school endeavors to provide an atmosphere that is conducive to the best Christian living and the highest gains in knowledge, skills and wisdom.
- Effective methods make achievement certain. Standardized achievement tests rank our students above national norms.
- A traditional approach to education is what you will find at Glen Iris Baptist.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205)879-3278 1.3 PK-6
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 4.6 PK-12
- Fairfield Grades: K-12 | 261 students
4600 Carnegie Ave
Fairfield, AL 35064
(205)785-8805 7.4 K-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
2019 6th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205)252-2535 1.8 PK-8
Glen Iris Baptist School is an amazing place that educates and equips students for the future. The teachers and staff are dedicated and caring, challenging students daily while also making learning interesting and fun. There is a well-rounded course of study for each level as well as activities that broaden each student's experience. As a volunteer, I see happy students that are excited to be there and engaged in learning. In addition, I see results and students that accomplish many things. If I had school-age children this is where I would want them to attend.
- Posted by Administrator - Bim
Not only am I a parent, but also a graduate of this school. My oldest child is a graduate of Glen Iris Baptist and I still have two children attending as students. My children have all excelled as students of this school and I can't think of a better environment for them. I've never had to fear for their safety or well-being, as the school staff treats each of the students as well as they would treat their own children. With the lowest tuition rates of any private school in our area and students who consistently test well above the national norm, Glen Iris Baptist School is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - 3youn
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.