Glen Iris Baptist School
5.00 (1 review)
- The basic concepts of Glen Iris Baptist School's educational system are Christian in character.
- The Bible is the foundation of the educational program. The curriculum includes all the traditional academic subjects, enriched with bible courses and electives.
- Education with a difference. The school endeavors to provide an atmosphere that is conducive to the best Christian living and the highest gains in knowledge, skills and wisdom.
- Effective methods make achievement certain. Standardized achievement tests rank our students above national norms.
- A traditional approach to education is what you will find at Glen Iris Baptist.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205)591-7600 4.6 PK-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 225 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205)879-3278 1.3 PK-6
- Fairfield Grades: K-12 | 261 students
4600 Carnegie Ave
Fairfield, AL 35064
(205)785-8805 7.4 K-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 315 students
2019 6th Avenue North
Birmingham, AL 35203
(205)252-2535 1.8 PK-8
Not only am I a parent, but also a graduate of this school. My oldest child is a graduate of Glen Iris Baptist and I still have two children attending as students. My children have all excelled as students of this school and I can't think of a better environment for them. I've never had to fear for their safety or well-being, as the school staff treats each of the students as well as they would treat their own children. With the lowest tuition rates of any private school in our area and students who consistently test well above the national norm, Glen Iris Baptist School is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - 3youn
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.