Glen Iris Baptist School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (205) 323-1516
- The basic concepts of Glen Iris Baptist School's educational system are Christian in character.
- The Bible is the foundation of the educational program.
- The curriculum includes all the traditional academic subjects, enriched with bible courses and electives. Education with a difference.
- The school endeavors to provide an atmosphere that is conducive to the best Christian living and the highest gains in knowledge, skills and wisdom.
- Effective methods make achievement certain. Standardized achievement tests rank our students above national norms.
- A traditional approach to education is what you will find at Glen Iris Baptist.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||109 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,500|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- The basic concepts of Glen Iris Baptist School's educational system are Christian in character. The Bible is the foundation of the educational program. The curriculum includes all the traditional academic subjects, enriched with bible courses and electives. Education with a difference. The school endeavors to provide an atmosphere that is conducive to the best Christian living and the highest gains in knowledge, skills and wisdom. Effective methods make achievement certain. Standardized achievement tests rank our students above national norms. A traditional approach to education is what you will find at Glen Iris Baptist.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: PK-12 | 535 students
118 55th Street N
Birmingham, AL 35212
(205) 591-7600 4.6 PK-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-6 | 236 students
2800 Montessori Way
Birmingham, AL 35209
(205) 879-3278 1.3 PK-6
- Birmingham Grades: 1-7 | 11 students
930 20th St S Ste 357
Birmingham, AL 35294
(205) 975-4537 1 1-7
I am alumni and a graduate of Glen Iris Baptist School and I will say that this school is very much a pleasant environment to learn in. The school's administrators and teachers are always there for their students to help them learn material and courses that are leagues above material one might learn in a public setting. The material learned and taught are on a par to learning material one or two grades above the grade they preside in and helps prepare them in an easily enough form for the students to learn. In terms of safety, the school is also equipped vigilant teachers and a security camera's to forewarn any danger. In addition, the school is also located in a neighborhood regularly patrolled by city police cars. The environment and safety of schools are key for each and every student to learn properly and safely, and with each new student that applies and learns from the school, then more facilities and learning opportunities can be added to and built upon the school grounds. In conclusion, Glen Iris Baptist School is an excellent place for learning and growing of students from children to growing adults.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - JDYI
Glen Iris Baptist School is an amazing place that educates and equips students for the future. The teachers and staff are dedicated and caring, challenging students daily while also making learning interesting and fun. There is a well-rounded course of study for each level as well as activities that broaden each student's experience. As a volunteer, I see happy students that are excited to be there and engaged in learning. In addition, I see results and students that accomplish many things. If I had school-age children this is where I would want them to attend.
- Posted by Administrator - Bim
Not only am I a parent, but also a graduate of this school. My oldest child is a graduate of Glen Iris Baptist and I still have two children attending as students. My children have all excelled as students of this school and I can't think of a better environment for them. I've never had to fear for their safety or well-being, as the school staff treats each of the students as well as they would treat their own children. With the lowest tuition rates of any private school in our area and students who consistently test well above the national norm, Glen Iris Baptist School is second to none.
- Posted by Parent - 3youn
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.