Horace Mann School John Dorr Nature Laboratory
- Horace Mann seeks to educate and nurture its students and to help them fulfill their potential.
- To attain this goal, the School provides a challenging and rigorous set of academic and extracurricular programs within a caring and supportive environment.
- Students are encouraged to test and learn about themselves, to develop a concern for others and to grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- The School seeks to foster a capacity in each individual for clear and creative thought.
- The School encourages students to understand that learning is a lifelong endeavor that is valuable in itself.
- Horace Mann seeks a diverse student body and fosters a respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Each student is encouraged to strive for self-esteem and confidence and to be respectful of others.
- In addition, students learn that they must be responsible for their actions and for the decisions that they make.
- In its role as a college preparatory school, Horace Mann emphasizes the Liberal Arts and prepares its students for leadership in a variety of fields and endeavors.
- To accomplish this task, the School offers programs and activities that encourage excellence.
- The School also maintains an outstanding faculty that represents both high scholarship and a deep concern for the total development of the individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||1330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Greenwich Grades: PK-9 | 864 students
401 Old Church Rd
Greenwich, CT 06830
(203)863-5600 46.7 PK-9
Nearby Homes for Sale
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.