- Horace Mann seeks to educate and nurture its students and to help them fulfill their potential.
- To attain this goal, the School provides a challenging and rigorous set of academic and extracurricular programs within a caring and supportive environment.
- Students are encouraged to test and learn about themselves, to develop a concern for others and to grow intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- The School seeks to foster a capacity in each individual for clear and creative thought.
- The School encourages students to understand that learning is a lifelong endeavor that is valuable in itself.
- Horace Mann seeks a diverse student body and fosters a respect for individual and cultural differences.
- Each student is encouraged to strive for self-esteem and confidence and to be respectful of others.
- In addition, students learn that they must be responsible for their actions and for the decisions that they make.
- In its role as a college preparatory school, Horace Mann emphasizes the Liberal Arts and prepares its students for leadership in a variety of fields and endeavors.
- To accomplish this task, the School offers programs and activities that encourage excellence.
- The School also maintains an outstanding faculty that represents both high scholarship and a deep concern for the total development of the individual.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||1330 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New Preston Marble DaleGrades: PK-8 | 252 students
240 Litchfield Tpke
New Preston Marble Dale, CT 06777
WashingtonGrades: 5-12 | 80 students
81 Sabbaday Lane
Washington, CT 06793
Washington DepotGrades: K-9 | 336 students
201 Romford Rd
Washington Depot, CT 06794
WashingtonGrades: 9-12 | 286 students
99 Green Hill Rd
Washington, CT 06793
BethlehemGrades: 9-12 | 40 students
PO Box 550
Bethlehem, CT 06751
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.