Immaculate Conception School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (410) 398-2636
- Immaculate Conception School is a Catholic School of the Diocese of Wilmington, Delaware.
- The school draws students from the tri-state area of Maryland, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Immaculate Conception School is dedicated to teaching and sharing the Good News of Jesus. We believe the purpose of Catholic education is to teach the message revealed by God, to encourage positive relationships, and to serve the community both locally and globally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||149 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,455|
|Tuition Notes||Based on number of students per family and religious affiliation|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
National Junior Honor Society, Science Explorers, Science Olympiad, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Instrumental Music Lessons
- ICS is a one-track school located in Elkton, MD. The school offers a strong academic program which prepares students for success in high school and beyond.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Childs Grades: PK-8 | 247 students
99 Childs Rd
Childs, MD 21916
(410) 398-2206 2.4 PK-8
- North East Grades: K-12 | 423 students
581 S Maryland Ave
North East, MD 21901
(410) 287-2050 5.9 K-12
Immaculate Conception School fully prepared me for my future. I had the greatest teachers who have turned into lifelong friends and mentors. It's a place for EVERYONE to belong, no matter the size or shape of your family, your religious affiliation, the color of your skin, your background, or your social class. ICS is a family centered, faith-filled community that will welcome you with open arms and teach your children how to love and be kind and caring citizens.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Class of 2009
Immaculate Conception School is a wonderful school that challenges my child academically, but has a strong and friendly community feeling. Your child isn't just a number, the teachers and staff know all of the kids, and they recognize parents. The classes are small and well supervised, students are happy and pleasant to each other, I've seen no signs of bullying or fighting. The older students are all kind and helpful to the little kids, and I often see the students who's parents are faculty going above and beyond. You can just see that everyone cares about the school. The students have a lot of church and community involvement, and the parent volunteers do a great job with school and class special activities.
- Posted by Parent - Mom M
I have been thrilled with this school, the teachers, and the staff. We could not be happier
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. W.
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.