West Nottingham Academy
- Top Ranked MD School
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 110 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,800
- Acceptance rate: 70%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 10 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
polo shirts & khakis
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Robotics, Service Learning, Student Environmental Council, Student Government Association, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Ensemble, Chorus, Drama/Theatre Club, Photography
- West Nottingham Academy (WNA) is a small college-preparatory boarding and day school for grades 9-12 and post graduates, conveniently located in Northeastern Maryland and a one hour drive from both Baltimore and Philadelphia.
- Founded in 1744, WNA is the oldest boarding school in America.
- Our student body is approximately 20% day and 80% boarding, with 50% of our students coming from more than 18 countries around the world.
- If you are ready to be part of a unique and challenging school that will prepare you for college and the rest of your life, then we just might be the right fit for you! At West Nottingham we love helping students who enjoy learning, being challenged, and sharing their educational journey with others.
- WNA is home to the highly regarded Chesapeake Learning Center, which works with approximately 10% of our population diagnosed with mild learning differences.
- Our Artist-in-Residence program provides students in all grade levels the chance to work with three differentprofessional artists each year through our partnernship with the New York Academy of Art.
- Studets passionate about sustainabiltiy, fine arts, and STEM/STEAM can pursue one of our signature programs in these areas. Please inquire for more information!
- Sample of notable school alumni/alumnae:
- Samuel Finley - Founder of WNA and 5th president of Princeton University
- Benjamin Rush - Signer of the Declaration of Independence and prominent early physician
- Richard Stockton - Signer of the Declaration of Independence
- Ebenezer Hazzard - 1st United States Postmaster General
- William Shippen & John Morgan - Founders of the University of Pennsylvania Medical School
- Alexander Martin - Former governor of North Carolina
- Josh Boone - NCAA Champion (UCONN), Former NBA Player (Nets)
- Ross Cameron - President of Charms Candy
- Eric Fischl - World renowned artist and sculptor
- Taylor Crothers - Professional photographer, famous for working with the Dave Matthews Band and Phish
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does West Nottingham Academy cost?
West Nottingham Academy's tuition is approximately $19,800 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of West Nottingham Academy?
The acceptance rate of West Nottingham Academy is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 81%. West Nottingham Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Maryland with low acceptance rates.
Who are famous alumni from West Nottingham Academy?
West Nottingham Academy famous alumni include: Samuel Finley, Benjamin Rush, Richard Stockton, Ebenezer Hazzard, William Shippen & John Morgan, Alexander Martin, Josh Boone, Ross Cameron, Eric Fischl and Taylor Crothers.
What sports does West Nottingham Academy offer?
West Nottingham Academy offers 10 interscholastic sports: Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball and Weightlifting.
What is West Nottingham Academy's ranking?
When is the application deadline for West Nottingham Academy?
The application deadline for West Nottingham Academy is Feb. 10 / rolling (applications are due on Feb. 10 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
Endorse West Nottingham Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards