Good Shepherd Catholic School
5.00 (6 reviews)
Tel: (410) 642-6265
- Good Shepherd Catholic School develops successful students with the support of the entire community.
- Our students reach their maximum academic and personal potential in a safe and nurturing environment, leading them to be people of faith, socialization, and character through study and service.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||86 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition information can be found at https://www.goodshepherdschool.net/domain/34|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, SoccerCheering, Soccer,|
We Believe ...
- Catholic education is rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ and should be attainable to all.
- Our school is enriched through diversity and we welcome all cultures and faith backgrounds.
- Developing all students to their fullest potential while focusing on unique learning needs, is the foundation of excellent education.
- The use of technology is essential in preparing our students for the ever-changing needs of today`s global society.
- Learning occurs best in a loving, caring, and safe environment.
- By offering extra-curricular activities we enrich instruction and enhance the social skills of our students.
- Our students are taught and supported by an exceptionally dedicated faculty and staff in and out of the classroom.
- We must hold our children and ourselves to the highest standards.
- The success of our students is driven by open communication and family involvement.
- We create young men and women of character who respect themselves and one another.
- The positive values and education we provide will influence the lives of our students far beyond the doors of Good Shepherd.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Aberdeen Grades: PK-8 | 208 students
230 S Law Street
Aberdeen, MD 21001
(410) 272-1387 6.8 PK-8
- North East Grades: K-12 | 423 students
581 S Maryland Ave
North East, MD 21901
(410) 287-2050 7.2 K-12
- Bel Air Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
715 Moores Mill Rd
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410) 838-4848 14.8 PK-8
We have always wanted our 3 young girls to attend Catholic School, but felt we would never be able to afford it. During covid, the stress of online schooling pushed us to request info from Good Shepherd. They were so helpful and affordable. Our children were enrolled and in school within a few days. The Principle is Amazing, and the staff is great! We are blessed. What a great school!!
- Posted by Parent - Kristin
My granddaughter attends Good Shepherd since Pre-K. As a grandparent, the love you have for your grandchild is like nothing you can explain. Your child or grandchild is a special gem. Good Shepherd is a school where I feel my grandchild is safe, well educated and loved. The bond she has with her friends and school staff is so precious. I am so thankful my daughter chose this school for my grandbaby.
- Posted by Parent - Serrano
The small class size and wonderful teachers provide a great education at an affordable price. Teachers and staff are like family.
- Posted by Parent - Protestant Parent
We love this little school! They have met distance learning head on, offering structured class times/meetings and additional support when needed, including a study hall with the Principal. From Pre-K4 through 8th grade, GSCS has a tremendous amount of heart & soul & a welcoming family atmosphere.
- Posted by Parent - Landers Family
Good Shepherd Catholic School is an incredible place for my daughter to learn and grow. Small class sizes make it possible for meaningful interactions to occur between students and teachers. Kids can get the extra one-on-one attention they may need. The curriculum at GSCS holds our students to high standards that set them up for lifelong learning. My daughter loves hers friends and teachers and generally enjoys going to school every day!
- Posted by Parent - Parent & Alumni
Great School! Excellent teachers, administration.
- Posted by Parent - giraf
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.