Bethany Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Bethany Christian School is commissioned by the Bethany Orthodox Presbyterian Church and is understood to be a ministry of the church to the children of Oxford and the surrounding communities.
- Bethany Pre-School is a part of Bethany Christian School, which consists of Pre-School three and four year olds.
- Our program is designed to meet the physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs of the child.
- It is the purpose of the school to provide a sound academic education integrated with a Christian view of God.
- The student is nurtured in the developing of a system of values consistent with the Bible and a life-style that will be pleasing to God.
- The staff is not only interested in what the student knows, but is also interested in how the student acts.
- Conscious efforts and designs will be implemented daily to foster love and respect for parents, teachers and peers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||221 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,936|
|Tuition Notes||Five day Preschool through fifth grade is $4094. Call for Preschool part-time and Middle School costs|
|Admissions Director||Roxanne Holcomb|
|Admissions Associate||Linda Felty|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Bethany Christian School is a ministry to all families who are looking for a respectful learning environment coupled with excellent academics, a commitment to technology, and academic, sports and music competition opportunities for their children. We do not require our families to maintain any particular spiritual or religious views; however, parents must be aware that we teach the Bible as God's infallible Word and Jesus Christ as the risen Savior of the world. Bible is an integral part of our program and a daily required course of study.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berwyn Grades: PK-K | 17 students
719 Berwyn Ave
Berwyn, PA 19312
(610)644-4317 36.3 PK-K
BCS is a wonderful private school that provides a strong academic education. The teachers are nurturing and maintain consistent high standards. I love the fact that the students are able to focus on learning with no distractions and come home excited about what they are doing. I don’t need to worry about having to get on youtube to understand the “new math” methods because BCS keeps it challenging, traditional but most importantly relevant. Often, my kids are outside teaching friends from other schools how to complete the problems and sharing the enrichment information they have experienced. I credit the teachers’ creative approaches with developing my girls’ love of science and math. They would be ready for any STEM program at the high schools. Additionally, the art program is quite impressive. The teacher starts the kids early and focuses on true technique. The quality of work is quite impressive in their annual art show. I highly recommend looking into the school if you want your kids prepared for the modern world.
- Posted by Parent - bethm
Bethany Chrisitian uses cutting edge technology in the classroom (iPads and Promethean boards). I am constantly impressed by the genuine care each teacher and administrator shows each child and family. Teachers help each child realize their potiential, how they use this to impact the world for Christ. I feel incredibly blessed to have been part of the Bethany Christian family! From the moment I first walked through the door 3 years ago to today, I am constantly overwhelmed by Christ's love at our school! Every staff member effortlessly embodies it, and each teacher shares it with our children daily. Bethany provides a great education, a kind and loving environment, and they teach their students how to be innovative, creative, and how to pursue excellence with integrity.
- Posted by Parent - cocoh
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?