Immanuel Christian School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (570) 459-1111
Please visit our website at: www.icshazleton.org Please see our photos on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ICShazleton/.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||www.nild.org|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$500|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dress pants and polo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,600|
|Tuition Notes||We offer need-based financial aid to over 90% of our students, in the form of scholarships and/or tuition discounts.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jessika Lunney|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and FieldBasketball, Track and Field,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, Photography Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Piano Lessons, Strings Ensemble, Tone Chimes, Voice Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Foam Sword fighting (Stronghold)
- Founded in 1979, Immanuel Christian School has been serving the greater Hazleton area for 40 years. ICS is a non-denominational, non-public school. We believe that Christian education is much more than just chapel and Bible class. We encourage an environment where students can grow in character, wisdom, and discernment to pursue the life God has called each of them to live. We have high academic standards with an emphasis on character development. Immanuel Christian School is a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and the Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA).
- ICS is a Christ-centered kindergarten through 12th grade school and provides a financially accessible, grace-based, quality education that informs and shapes students to be lifelong learners and selfless community servants.
- ICS will be a significant contributor to the diverse community of Hazleton by partnering with families and organizations to produce students of integrity who will bless the city and the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pottsville Grades: PK-8 | 177 students
112 S 7th St
Pottsville, PA 17901
(570) 622-0106 22.3 PK-8
- Minersville Grades: PK-8 | 119 students
515 N Front St
Minersville, PA 17954
(570) 544-2800 23.9 PK-8
ICS has so many great qualities. The teachers and administrators care about every student, they listen to parents and students. The students are given opportunities to be leaders in the schools and work in the community. They are now in a newly renovated a building that allows all students to be together close to the center or the city. They are able to walk to the library and local businesses. Academically, the students are challenged and prepared for higher education.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
My daughter has attended Immanuel Christian School for 2 years now. We have been pleased by the level of academics as well as the professionalism of the teachers. Immanuel provides a safe, grace-filled environment for young people to grow and excel.
- Posted by Parent - Christi Clarke
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.