Inclusive Learning Academy
ILA is a New Jersey State approved private school for students with disabilities.
Unlike most private schools, we do not operate in a freestanding building.
Instead, ILA utilizes classrooms inside of public schools. Our goal is to create a learning environment that is as similar as possible to that of their mainstream peers, while also providing the individualized instruction and related services they need to be successful.
ILA currently has four campuses located in Butler and Stanhope. Multiple locations allow us to offer our program to students in grades K-12.
- School Type: Special Education School
- Grades: 2-12
- Students: 19 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 39%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Mission Statement
- The Inclusive Learning Academy is an approved private school for students with special needs that operates from within public schools. The mission of ILA is to provide our students with a comprehensive education in accordance with their individualized needs while simultaneously facilitating opportunities for growth and achievement in educational, social, and civic settings. It is our goal to instruct students in the skills necessary to thrive academically and socially, so that they may confidently and ably participate in all aspects of the public school program. When a student`s development at ILA is exceptional, it is our desire to see that student transition back to their respective school district and rejoin their peers.
- Our programs are located in the public schools which allows our students to remain connected with the mainstream of students. This vital link helps to keep children from feeling isolated from their peers and permits us to tailor a specific educational approach for each student`s individual needs. Through our innovative learning strategies, our comprehensive and compassionate counseling program, and our creative enrichment opportunities, the Inclusive Learning Academy offers an ideal educational experience that is incomparable anywhere in northern New Jersey.
- At ILA, we aspire to do more than graduate students. Our aim is for each student to develop the skills to succeed in school as well as make a positive contribution at home and in their community. The lessons taught at ILA are not exclusive to the classroom and so can not be taught solely in the classroom. We employ specific strategies and techniques in order to create an atmosphere that is both conducive to learning as well as nurturing. Our staff maintains consistent communication with parents and they are regularly incorporated into their child`s ILA experience. We, at the Inclusive Learning Academy, consider ourselves to be an intimate team. The pinnacle of our success is a student who embraces our core values and accepts us as part of their family.
Endorse Inclusive Learning Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
December 16, 2021Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
December 15, 2021Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.