Inclusive Learning Academy
ILA is a New Jersey State approved private school for students with disabilities.
Unlike most private schools, we do not operate in a freestanding building.
Instead, ILA utilizes classrooms inside of public schools. Our goal is to create a learning environment that is as similar as possible to that of their mainstream peers, while also providing the individualized instruction and related services they need to be successful.
ILA currently has four campuses located in Butler and Stanhope. Multiple locations allow us to offer our program to students in grades K-12.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Mission Statement
- The Inclusive Learning Academy is an approved private school for students with special needs that operates from within public schools. The mission of ILA is to provide our students with a comprehensive education in accordance with their individualized needs while simultaneously facilitating opportunities for growth and achievement in educational, social, and civic settings. It is our goal to instruct students in the skills necessary to thrive academically and socially, so that they may confidently and ably participate in all aspects of the public school program. When a student`s development at ILA is exceptional, it is our desire to see that student transition back to their respective school district and rejoin their peers.
- Our programs are located in the public schools which allows our students to remain connected with the mainstream of students. This vital link helps to keep children from feeling isolated from their peers and permits us to tailor a specific educational approach for each student`s individual needs. Through our innovative learning strategies, our comprehensive and compassionate counseling program, and our creative enrichment opportunities, the Inclusive Learning Academy offers an ideal educational experience that is incomparable anywhere in northern New Jersey.
- At ILA, we aspire to do more than graduate students. Our aim is for each student to develop the skills to succeed in school as well as make a positive contribution at home and in their community. The lessons taught at ILA are not exclusive to the classroom and so can not be taught solely in the classroom. We employ specific strategies and techniques in order to create an atmosphere that is both conducive to learning as well as nurturing. Our staff maintains consistent communication with parents and they are regularly incorporated into their child`s ILA experience. We, at the Inclusive Learning Academy, consider ourselves to be an intimate team. The pinnacle of our success is a student who embraces our core values and accepts us as part of their family.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Inclusive Learning Academy is Our Lady Of The Magnificat School (2.2 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is St. Anthony Of Padua (0.5 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Butler Grades: PK-K
10 Maple Lake Rd
Butler, NJ 07405
(973) 838-2122 1 PK-K
- Butler Grades: K-9 | 149 students
2 Miller Rd
Butler, NJ 07405
(973) 838-6222 2.2 K-9
- Pompton Plains Grades: 7-12 | 60 students
157 W Parkway
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
(973) 835-4989 2.7 7-12
- Pompton Lakes Grades: NS-8 | 255 students
25 Pompton Ave
Pompton Lakes, NJ 07442
(973) 835-2010 3.2 NS-8
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.