The Hallen School
- The Hallen School is a private, special education school located in New Rochelle, New York.
- Hallen is one of the most comprehensive special education schools in the New York area.
- Hallen serves students, ages 5 through 21, who exhibit learning disabilities, speech and language impairments, emotional difficulties, autistic features, and mild health impairments.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism; Learning Disability; Speech Impairment; Emotional Disability;|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the student's district of residence, if they agree that the student requires an out of district placement.|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie M. Martins|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- Preferred referral information: Current IEP Psycho-Edcuational Evaluation Psychiatric Evaluation(if applicable) Neuro-Psychological (if applicable) Related Serice Evaluations (if applicable) Social History Current School Reports Curernt Medical and Immunization Records
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
- WhitestoneGrades: 9-12 | 128 students
2420 Parsons Blvd
Whitestone, NY 11357
- New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
- BronxGrades: K-9 | 343 students
1846 Randall Ave
Bronx, NY 10473
- New YorkGrades: 7-12 | 67 students
24 W 74th Street
New York, NY 10023
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 22, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.