The Hallen School
- The Hallen School is a private, special education school located in New Rochelle, New York.
- Hallen is one of the most comprehensive special education schools in the New York area.
- Hallen serves students, ages 5 through 21, who exhibit learning disabilities, speech and language impairments, emotional difficulties, autistic features, and mild health impairments.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism; Learning Disability; Speech Impairment; Emotional Disability;|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the student's district of residence, if they agree that the student requires an out of district placement.|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie M. Martins|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- Preferred referral information: Current IEP Psycho-Edcuational Evaluation Psychiatric Evaluation(if applicable) Neuro-Psychological (if applicable) Related Serice Evaluations (if applicable) Social History Current School Reports Curernt Medical and Immunization Records
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-7000 5.1 PK-12
- Yonkers Grades: PK-12 | 255 students
45 Park Ave
Yonkers, NY 10703
(914)376-4300 6.1 PK-12
- Hawthorne Grades: PK-K | 241 students
5 Bradhurst Ave
Hawthorne, NY 10532
(914)592-8526 12.5 PK-K
- New York Grades: K-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212)722-0610 15.3 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 530 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
(212)995-1987 16.6 K-12
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.