The Hallen School
- The Hallen School is a private, special education school located in New Rochelle, New York.
- Hallen is one of the most comprehensive special education schools in the New York area.
- Hallen serves students, ages 5 through 21, who exhibit learning disabilities, speech and language impairments, emotional difficulties, autistic features, and mild health impairments.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism; Learning Disability; Speech Impairment; Emotional Disability;|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the student's district of residence, if they agree that the student requires an out of district placement.|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie M. Martins|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- Preferred referral information: Current IEP Psycho-Edcuational Evaluation Psychiatric Evaluation(if applicable) Neuro-Psychological (if applicable) Related Serice Evaluations (if applicable) Social History Current School Reports Curernt Medical and Immunization Records
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-7000 5.1 PK-12
- Hawthorne Grades: PK-K | 241 students
5 Bradhurst Ave
Hawthorne, NY 10532
(914)592-8526 12.5 PK-K
- New York Grades: K-12 | 398 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212)722-0610 15.3 K-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.