The Hallen School
- The Hallen School is a private, special education school located in New Rochelle, New York.
- Hallen is one of the most comprehensive special education schools in the New York area.
- Hallen serves students, ages 5 through 21, who exhibit learning disabilities, speech and language impairments, emotional difficulties, autistic features, and mild health impairments.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism; Learning Disability; Speech Impairment; Emotional Disability;|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||290 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the student's district of residence, if they agree that the student requires an out of district placement.|
|Admissions Director||Stephanie M. Martins|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,|
- Preferred referral information: Current IEP Psycho-Edcuational Evaluation Psychiatric Evaluation(if applicable) Neuro-Psychological (if applicable) Related Serice Evaluations (if applicable) Social History Current School Reports Curernt Medical and Immunization Records
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-7000 5.1 PK-12
- Hawthorne Grades: PK-K | 241 students
5 Bradhurst Ave
Hawthorne, NY 10532
(914)592-8526 12.5 PK-K
- New York Grades: K-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
(212)722-0610 15.3 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 530 students
219 Stanton Street
New York, NY 10002
(212)995-1987 16.6 K-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.