Hawthorne Country Day School
Tel: (914) 592-8526
- Hawthorne Country Day School's philosophy is that education works best for students and families when valid research findings from the fields of education and psychology, behavior analysis in particular, are constantly applied in the classroom.
- Verbal behavior, academic literacy, reading, social skills, self-management and problem solving skills are all systematically taught via well researched, commercially available scripted curricula, as well as curricula developed in house by our teachers and behavior analysts.
- Teacher remuneration is linked directly to their professional growth, which in turn is positively correlated with student learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||244 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ann Marie Babcock|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New Rochelle Grades: 1-12 | 290 students
97 Centre Ave
New Rochelle, NY 10801
(914) 636-6600 12.5 1-12
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 261 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718) 519-7000 16.1 PK-12
- Huntington Grades: K-12 | 121 students
21 Sweet Hollow Rd # 2
Huntington, NY 11743
(516) 986-9580 26.3 K-12
- Mount Kisco Grades: 9-12 | 72 students
40 Radio Circle Drive, Suite 1
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
(914) 666-9211 8.9 9-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.