Hawthorne Country Day School
- Hawthorne Country Day School's philosophy is that education works best for students and families when valid research findings from the fields of education and psychology, behavior analysis in particular, are constantly applied in the classroom.
- Verbal behavior, academic literacy, reading, social skills, self-management and problem solving skills are all systematically taught via well researched, commercially available scripted curricula, as well as curricula developed in house by our teachers and behavior analysts.
- Teacher remuneration is linked directly to their professional growth, which in turn is positively correlated with student learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||241 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ann Marie Babcock|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bronx Grades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
(718)519-7000 16.1 PK-12
- Huntington Grades: 1-12 | 60 students
21 Sweet Hollow Rd # 2
Huntington, NY 11743
(631)385-3342 26.3 1-12
- Mount Kisco Grades: 9-12 | 82 students
40 Radio Circle Drive, Suite 1
Mount Kisco, NY 10549
(914)666-9211 8.9 9-12
- New Rochelle Grades: 1-12 | 290 students
97 Centre Ave
New Rochelle, NY 10801
(914)636-6600 12.5 1-12
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.