Hawthorne Country Day School
- Hawthorne Country Day School's philosophy is that education works best for students and families when valid research findings from the fields of education and psychology, behavior analysis in particular, are constantly applied in the classroom.
- Verbal behavior, academic literacy, reading, social skills, self-management and problem solving skills are all systematically taught via well researched, commercially available scripted curricula, as well as curricula developed in house by our teachers and behavior analysts.
- Teacher remuneration is linked directly to their professional growth, which in turn is positively correlated with student learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ann Marie Babcock|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WhitestoneGrades: 9-12 | 128 students
2420 Parsons Blvd
Whitestone, NY 11357
- BronxGrades: PK-12 | 312 students
999 Pelham Pkwy N
Bronx, NY 10469
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
- HuntingtonGrades: 1-12 | 60 students
21 Sweet Hollow Rd # 2
Huntington, NY 11743
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 162 students
309 East 45th Street
New York, NY 10017
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.