Independence Christian School
- Independence Christian School is a private, non-profit, preschool through 8th grade Christian school.
- Preschool starts at 2yrs & up. The school offers Christ-centered education.
- We believe that character should be taught in school and modeled by the staff.
- We believe that God created every individual with unique talents and abilities.
- Our students find meaning and purpose in life by discovering what they can do to please God.
- They learn academics to better understand the world that God created. Without God the world doesn't make sense.
- Independence Christian School offers an education that makes sense.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Processing Problems, ADD, ADHD, Mild Autism|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Foreign Language, Geography, Grammer/Vocabulary, History, Math, Reading/Composition, Science|
|Average Percentile SSAT||78%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Chapel day uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,600|
|Tuition Notes||Paid in 10-12 mos installments|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carol Hilton|
|Admissions Associate||Darlene Fowler|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Flag Football, Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting, Daily Hot Lunches, Frequent Field Trips, League Sports, Library, Parent-Teacher Organization, Piano, Vocal Ensembles|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Academic Competitions, Band
- The most important responsibility of your life is the care and training of your child. We are a school that works with you and for you. Much of your child's life is spent at school. Why send them to a place that does not support , or possibly undermines, the values that you are raising your child to believe Teaching a child correctly from an early age will prevent a lifetime of undoing mistakes of the past. For nearly 40 years we have educated children's minds, hearts and spirits. We provide a nurturing atmosphere combined with a reason to succeed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Ana Grades: K-8 | 408 students
1010 N Tustin Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714)973-2056 9.6 K-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.