Independence Christian School
- Independence Christian School is a private, non-profit, preschool through 8th grade Christian school.
- Preschool starts at 2yrs & up. The school offers Christ-centered education.
- We believe that character should be taught in school and modeled by the staff.
- We believe that God created every individual with unique talents and abilities.
- Our students find meaning and purpose in life by discovering what they can do to please God.
- They learn academics to better understand the world that God created. Without God the world doesn't make sense.
- Independence Christian School offers an education that makes sense.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Processing Problems, ADD, ADHD, Mild Autism|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||172 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Foreign Language, Geography, Grammer/Vocabulary, History, Math, Reading/Composition, Science|
|Average Percentile SSAT||78%|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Chapel day uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,600|
|Tuition Notes||Paid in 10-12 mos installments|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Carol Hilton|
|Admissions Associate||Darlene Fowler|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Flag Football, Football,
Martial Arts, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting, Daily Hot Lunches, Frequent Field Trips, League Sports, Library, Parent-Teacher Organization, Piano, Vocal Ensembles|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Academic Competitions, Band
- The most important responsibility of your life is the care and training of your child. We are a school that works with you and for you. Much of your child's life is spent at school. Why send them to a place that does not support , or possibly undermines, the values that you are raising your child to believe Teaching a child correctly from an early age will prevent a lifetime of undoing mistakes of the past. For nearly 40 years we have educated children's minds, hearts and spirits. We provide a nurturing atmosphere combined with a reason to succeed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Santa Ana Grades: K-8 | 408 students
1010 N Tustin Ave
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714)973-2056 9.6 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.