Inspired Learning Academy
We are an innovative, nonprofit, micro school using a holistic approach to empower students to thrive.
We show teens how to acquire skills, self-motivate, collaborate, develop relationships, pursue passion with purpose, be persistent and resilient.
We serve 7th-12th graders looking for personal connection and a more personally meaningful school experience.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: 7-12
- Students: 16 students
- Yearly Tuition: $8,470
- Average class size: 5 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- If your child has ever wanted to try homeschooling, Inspired Learning Academy is a good alternative, acting as a kind of school for homeschooling that both students and parents love.
- As social creatures, adolescents thrive in our vibrant community which builds confidence, improves communication skills, and brings out the best in them.
- Our school is structured around our trademark Inspired Learning Cycle, IIPEAR, which models successful real-world learning. IIPEAR stands for Inspire, Intend, Plan, Execute, Assess, and Reflect. Contrast this real-world learning process with the traditional school-environment-only process of lecture, study, test, and grade.
- Our students have student agency - voice and choice in what they learn and how they learn.
- Our graduation requirements include successful demonstration of self-directed learning skills (e.g., self-management, self-motivation, self-discipline, self-efficacy).
Profile last updated: 09/21/2021
Our oldest child has attended this school for the past 2 years and we have been very happy with the academic and personal growth we have witnessed. Our youngest child will be starting here next year as well. The teachers are great and really focus on each student as an individual. Students are allowed to explore topics of interest instead of being forced to conform to existing curriculum.
We were looking to relieve our son of the grind of public school and academic charters. Our friend in Colorado sent me a national list of 'democratic' schools with a self-directed learning style of instruction and Inspired Learning Academy (ILA) was on that list. After reviewing the entire website, comparing other schools, and considering all options (we were even willing to move to another state if necessary to find a proper school for our boy), we interviewed Jill and Aya. As a family, we found ourselves hopeful that this would be the right environment for our boy which would encourage his special interests and points of view. He has attended for 5 months now and has really started to adjust successfully to the independent nature of the program. His interests and talents are being encouraged. Rather than sculpt a transcript, ILA is encouraging our son to build a portfolio for college admissions which shows who he really is, what his skills and abilities are, and, most importantly, what his passions are in life. We are so glad we found ILA.
Endorse Inspired Learning Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.