Collin County Cornerstone Christian Academy
Inaugurated in 2004, Cornerstone Christian Academy includes PreK4 through 12th grade and is located just north of McKinney, Texas. Cornerstone Christian Academy is a certified University Model School (UMS), operating under parental authority to produce disciples who will influence our culture for Christ.
University Model Schooling is a unique approach that integrates the best of homeschool, traditional, full-time private and public, into an affordable, exciting, biblical (a-denominational) educational model! CCA is accredited through AdvancED, NAUMS (SACS/CASI).
- Top Ranked TX School
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 340 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Mild Learning Differences
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please see www.ccawarriors.com for Financial Policies
Total Sports Offered
- Students from elementary through high school go to classes the way most college students do, that is, three days per week. The students receive professional, highly engaging instruction at school on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, then study for their classes AT HOME (the satellite classroom) on Tuesday and Thursday under a parent's guidance. Not only do students learn more and prepare better for college, but parents have the opportunity to speak into their children's lives as they mature and prepare for their life ahead.
- This model, known as the University Model School, has many
benefits over other educational models, is thoroughly
Christ-focused, costs much less that traditional private school,
and preserves the parental input into the educational discipleship
of their children. At Cornerstone Christian Academy, this means:
- Strongly Christ-Centered
- Biblically Based
- Proven Academic Excellence
- Low Teacher/Student Ratio
- Parent/Teacher Partnership
Source: Verified school update
I am a recent graduate from CCA. I switched from McKinney Boyd High School for the second half of my sophomore year on, and it was the best decision of my life. CCA is a very small private school (though growing with each passing semester), so I was given individual attention whenever I needed. The "University Model" system (a system in which students attend classes on campus MWF and are given the other two days to study) was very beneficial. I am a classical pianist and the extra time provided me with practice time, but it also gave me the chance to be responsible with my homework and studying. There are limited options for extracurriculars, but the academic quality and the quality of the teachers there is much higher than that of any other school in the region (I felt totally prepared to begin my college student life, and many of my classmates were immediately accepted into the workforce). The Christian atmosphere means one of unity and obedience and fellowship. I wholeheartedly recommend CCA for ANY student and/or parent looking for a school.
Endorse Collin County Cornerstone Christian Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Which Schools Did Our Presidents Attend? Part 3 - Wilson to Trump
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.
July 06, 2022Parents' FAQs About Private School
You have dozens of reasons why you think a private school is a good option for your child. But you also have some concerns. We address those here.