Acton Academy McKinney
Your child is destined to be a world-changer. Acton Academy McKinney helps K-8th grade students discover and grow their unique strengths because the world needs them. Our students learn together in multi-age studios and learn to mentor and be mentored by one another. Acton Academy offfers a self-paced, project-based and learner driven education in a character-forging community.
We are a part of the global network of Acton Academy Affiliate Schools and are accredited by The Association of Learner Driven Schools.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Yearly Tuition: $7,200
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
- Acton Academy uses the latest technology in a self-paced
learning environment that is designed to foster responsibility,
goal-setting, and teamwork. Acton students are empowered to thrive
in a world that needs independent, motivated thinkers and
- We believe children learn best by doing. Whether it`s
launching a startup business, creating a tidepool habitat, playing
a musical instrument, painting a mosaic, or programming a robot,
Acton students are building real-life skills in the classroom every
- We believe the learning experience is much richer when the
teacher ("Guide") offers insightful questions and facilitates hands
on learning. Guides use the Socratic method, always responding to
students` questions with new questions. This exchange hones
students` critical thinking skills.
- Acton Academy is "student led." This means young people take
ownership of their education and peer relationships. Acton students
learn to think independently, take responsibility and embrace
challenge. They are being prepared to bring their own unique genius
to the world.
- We believe in the power of apprenticeships. Beginning in
middle school, our students obtain summer internships in a field
they are passionate about. Acton students have interned with
doctors, entrepreneur bakers, plumbers, attorneys and graphic
designers. What will your child choose?
- We encourage our students to develop personal virtues such as honesty, hard work, responsibility, kindness and empathy. Armed with purpose and good character, we believe our students will launch into adulthood prepared to find their calling and change the world.
Endorse Acton Academy McKinney. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Understanding Private School Tuition
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
Books About Private School
What's private school really like? Find out from people who have been there.
You Won't Find....
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.