Isle Of Wight Academy
- Isle of Wight Academy is an independent, non-sectarian, co-educational, nonprofit day school located on Highway 258 across from the historic Isle of Wight Courthouse.
- The philosophy of Isle of Wight Academy is to accept students of average or above average ability and develop them to their fullest potential by providing a quality program, which will build the student mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- The school emphasizes the honor, integrity, social development, and citizenship of the student.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||731 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Joseph Whitley|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Suffolk Grades: PK-12 | 895 students
3373 Pruden Blvd
Suffolk, VA 23434
(757)539-8789 10.3 PK-12
- Courtland Grades: PK-12 | 479 students
26495 Old Plank Rd
Courtland, VA 23837
(757)653-2512 23.9 PK-12
- Hampton Grades: PK-12 | 113 students
3105 W Mercury Blvd
Hampton, VA 23666
(757)838-8949 18.2 PK-12
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.