5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (757) 899-5401
Tidewater Academy, located in Sussex County, Virginia along US Route 460, has been serving students in central and southeastern Virginia for over 50 years. Tidewater's PreK-Grade 12 classrooms are extraordinary places of learning, where students are happy, confident, and enthusiastic learners and caring educators are excited about teaching. Talented faculty and staff provide students with high academic and behavioral expectations, and a solid educational foundation. With an average of 10 students per teacher, Tidewater Academy's small classes promote focused attention, individual instruction, and academic success. Tidewater also offers a variety of competitive athletic teams for both boys and girls, and many teams have won their conference championships. Discover Tidewater Academy at tawarriors.org!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||180 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Calculus, AP English LAnguage, AP English Literature, AP Government, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,950|
|Tuition Notes||K - $4,950 Grades 1-12 - $5,950|
|Admissions Director||Emily Pittman|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Blue Crab Bowl, Forensics, National Honor Society, Scholastic Bowl, SGA
- Provide a thorough academic education with emphasis on preparation for college.
- Build an understanding and respect for learning.
- Create in each student a sense of responsibility for effective leadership, good moral character, and an appreciation of spiritual values.
- Tidewater Academy provides an engaging curriculum, encourages good citizenship and service to others, and empowers students to be leaders in their communities. Our purpose is to graduate students to be highly competitive for post-graduation career or college pursuits, substantiating a workforce to positively influence their communities.
- Tidewater Academy admits qualified students without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, or gender.
- Tidewater Academy is fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS). As authorized by the Virginia Board of Education, the Virginia Council for Private Education recognizes VAIS accreditation in the Commonwealth of Virginia. VAIS promotes educational, ethical, and professional excellence in Virginia's best independent schools. VAIS accreditation is recognized at the national level through the National Association of Independent Schools. Tidewater Academy has earned a multi-year VAIS accreditation.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Berryville Grades: K-12 | 74 students
15 Keystone Ln
Berryville, VA 22611
(540) 955-0205 163.2 K-12
- Franklin Grades: K-11 | 28 students
130 Lakeview Rd
Franklin, VA 23851
(757) 562-3878 18.7 K-11
Tidewater is an amazing school and it has given me so much. It still has a ways to go but it can reach it's goals with more students. I strongly recommend Tidewater Academy to everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 18642
A search for a teaching job in the midst of a severe recession takes much longer than it does in good economic times. Here's how to handle this situation.
Marketing yourself in tough times requires attention to details. Here are some tips to help you achieve success.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.