5.00 (1 review)
- Tidewater Academy, located in Sussex County, Virginia along US Route 460, has been serving students in central and southeastern Virginia for over 54 years. Tidewater's PreK-Grade 12 classrooms are extraordinary places of learning, where students are happy, confident, and enthusiastic learners and caring educators are excited about teaching. Talented faculty and staff provide students with high academic and behavioral expectations, and a solid educational foundation. With an average of 10 students per teacher, Tidewater Academy's small classes promote focused attention, individual instruction, and academic success. Tidewater also offers a variety of competitive athletic teams for both boys and girls, and many teams have won their conference championships. Discover Tidewater Academy at tawarriors.org!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Government, AP Calculus, AP English Literature, AP English LAnguage, AP US History|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||K - $4,500 Grades 1-12 - $5,500|
|Admissions Director||Brandee Phillips|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
FCA, Forensics, Scholastic Bowl, SGA
- Provide a thorough academic education with emphasis on preparation for college.
- Build an understanding and respect for learning.
- Create in each student a sense of responsibility for effective leadership, good moral character, and an appreciation of spiritual values.
- Tidewater Academy offers students a college-preparatory foundation that fosters a lifelong love of learning and instills family core values and good citizenship in their communities. This education best prepares students for the challenges they may face in an ever-changing world.
- Tidewater Academy admits qualified students without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, or gender.
- Tidewater Academy is fully accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS). As authorized by the Virginia Board of Education, the Virginia Council for Private Education recognizes VAIS accreditation in the Commonwealth of Virginia. VAIS promotes educational, ethical, and professional excellence in Virginia's best independent schools. VAIS accreditation is recognized at the national level through the National Association of Independent Schools. Tidewater Academy has earned a multi-year VAIS accreditation.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ashburn Grades: PK-12 | 529 students
19790 Ashburn Rd
Ashburn, VA 20147
(571)209-5500 147.3 PK-12
- Berryville Grades: PK-12 | 93 students
15 Keystone Ln
Berryville, VA 22611
(540)955-3410 163.2 PK-12
- Franklin Grades: K-11 | 28 students
130 Lakeview Rd
Franklin, VA 23851
(757)562-3878 18.7 K-11
Tidewater is an amazing school and it has given me so much. It still has a ways to go but it can reach it's goals with more students. I strongly recommend Tidewater Academy to everyone.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - 18642
The Department of Homeland Security recently announced that it would enforce a 2017 policy of requiring visa applicants to list their social media handles. More about this and how it impacts international students wishing to attend American K-12 private schools.
We parents are responsible for expanding our children's horizons. We are responsible for showing and explaining things, concepts, and places they have never thought of. This article contains my roadmap for enriching your child's education.
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.