Jamon Montessori Day School
- Jamon Montessori Day School(JMDS) was established in 1995 by Lisa Miller, Head of School. The school was conveniently relocated to the Colesville section of Silver Spring, Maryland in 1996 and is proud to serve the Washington D.C. metropolitan community. JMDS is a school of international flavor that celebrates the cultural differences and similarities of the world.
- The mission at Jamon Montessori Day School (JMDS) is to provide a quality education for children ages two through six years old, using the Montessori method to enable them to develop social, emotional, physical and intellectual skills, in accordance to their abilities.
- JMDS is committed to maintaining a safe, caring and peaceful environment that fosters a partnership between the child, the school and home!.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver SpringGrades: NS-12 | 283 students
13500 Layhill Road
Silver Spring, MD 20906
- Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-3 | 128 students
9760 Owen Brown Rd
Columbia, MD 21045
- BethesdaGrades: NS-K | 80 students
7611 Clarendon Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
- ColumbiaGrades: PK-K | 41 students
10449 Green Mountain Cir
Columbia, MD 21044
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.