- St. John the Baptist Catholic School is dedicated to the Christian formation of youth.
- It offers students the opportunity to develop their full intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional potential through educational and religious experiences.
- We endeavor to do so through instruction in the Catholic tradition, the gospels, and academics " in an environment that inspires self-discipline, self-respect, and self-confidence, while demanding academic competence and service to others as modeled by Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 10 / May. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,750|
|Tuition Notes||There is a sibling discount. Non-Catholic tuition is 8850.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$900|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band Program, Chess Club, Choir, Drama/Theater, Robotics Club, STEM Club, Scouts, Yearbook Band Program, Chess Club, Choir, Drama/Theater, Robotics Club, STEM Club, Scouts, Yearbook,|
- SJB is a co-ed Catholic school in Silver Spring with a strong emphasis on community, inclusion, and high academic standards. At SJB, there is a warm feeling of belonging. There is one class per grade, from pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. Most of our graduates go on to the Catholic high schools that they choose, and many receive academic scholarships ($210,000 offered to 28 graduates in 2016). There are always after-school events and activities. SJB is where you feel you belong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: PK-8 | 339 students
11602 Kemp Mill Rd
Silver Spring, MD 20902
Silver SpringGrades: K-9 | 451 students
80 University Blvd E
Silver Spring, MD 20901
Silver SpringGrades: PK-8 | 540 students
2130 East Randolph Road
Silver Spring, MD 20904
BethesdaGrades: PK-8 | 285 students
5600 Little Falls Pkwy
Bethesda, MD 20816
SpencervilleGrades: PK-12 | 377 students
2502 Spencerville Road
Spencerville, MD 20868
I was worried about my kid going to a new school but my fears were quickly squashed by the amazing parents of my kids'' classmates.The teachers are quick to respond to any concerns a parent has.The parents are very involved with the school.I was so impressed by the school that I transferred all my kids there.
- Posted by Parent - Diros
SJB is the BEST. My 2 kids transferred from public school and are thriving in the highly structured, nurturing, and progressive school. My children never want to miss school and love all the teachers. Art and music programs are amazing! Teachers are fabulous! Principal is Christ like!
- Posted by Parent - ntass
St. John the Baptist Catholic School has an excellent academic program and an amazing community. I have three boys currently in the lower grades in the school. I have had such a positive experience with the teachers helping make accommodations for our one son with ADHD. The principal is top-notch allowing the teachers to pursue their passions in the classroom and running a tight ship. The parent community is very active and supportive.
- Posted by Parent - carme
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.