St John The Baptist School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (301) 622-3076
- St. John the Baptist Catholic School is dedicated to the Christian formation of youth.
- It offers students the opportunity to develop their full intellectual, spiritual, physical, and emotional potential through educational and religious experiences.
- We endeavor to do so through instruction in the Catholic tradition, the gospels, and academics " in an environment that inspires self-discipline, self-respect, and self-confidence, while demanding academic competence and service to others as modeled by Jesus Christ.
St John The Baptist School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 10 / May. 1|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,750|
|Tuition Notes||There is a sibling discount. Non-Catholic tuition is 8850.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$900|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Band Program, Chess Club, Robotics Club, Scouts, STEM Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
- SJB is a co-ed Catholic school in Silver Spring with a strong emphasis on community, inclusion, and high academic standards. At SJB, there is a warm feeling of belonging. There is one class per grade, from pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. Most of our graduates go on to the Catholic high schools that they choose, and many receive academic scholarships ($210,000 offered to 28 graduates in 2016). There are always after-school events and activities. SJB is where you feel you belong.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver Spring Grades: PK-8 | 524 students
2130 East Randolph Road
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 622-2281 1.5 PK-8
- Silver Spring Grades: PK-8 | 200 students
10201 Woodland Dr
Silver Spring, MD 20902
(301) 681-7656 3.4 PK-8
- Silver Spring Grades: PK-3 | 101 students
1300 Milestone Drive
Silver Spring, MD 20904
(301) 622-7808 0.8 PK-3
I was worried about my kid going to a new school but my fears were quickly squashed by the amazing parents of my kids'' classmates.The teachers are quick to respond to any concerns a parent has.The parents are very involved with the school.I was so impressed by the school that I transferred all my kids there.
- Posted by Parent - Diros
SJB is the BEST. My 2 kids transferred from public school and are thriving in the highly structured, nurturing, and progressive school. My children never want to miss school and love all the teachers. Art and music programs are amazing! Teachers are fabulous! Principal is Christ like!
- Posted by Parent - ntass
St. John the Baptist Catholic School has an excellent academic program and an amazing community. I have three boys currently in the lower grades in the school. I have had such a positive experience with the teachers helping make accommodations for our one son with ADHD. The principal is top-notch allowing the teachers to pursue their passions in the classroom and running a tight ship. The parent community is very active and supportive.
- Posted by Parent - carme
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.