St. John The Evangelist School
- St. John the Evangelist School is a welcoming, caring community.
- The sense of community and the importance of serving others identify who we are.
- Beginning in preschool, the faculty and staff consciously teach our students the importance of imitating Christ by serving others as He did.
- Our school community reaches out to others in many ways to make them feel welcome.
- Our service-learning projects are central to this teaching process and help develop and maintain a culture of respect for all life.
- When asked what makes our school special, the immediate response is “the great community spirit of St. John the Evangelist School.”.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2013|
|Total Students||248 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Silver SpringGrades: NS-3 | 180 students
10700 Georgia Avenue
Silver Spring, MD 20902
GaithersburgGrades: PK-12 | 288 students
7503 Muncaster Mill Rd
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Garrett ParkGrades: K-8 | 196 students
Po Box 249
Garrett Park, MD 20896
Ellicott CityGrades: PK-8 | 212 students
4801 Ilchester Rd
Ellicott City, MD 21043
RockvilleGrades: NS-K | 160 students
11810 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017