Acorn Hill Waldorf Kindergarten & Nursery
At Acorn Hill Waldorf Kindergarten & Nursery, we strive to encourage and protect the sense of wonder and gratitude nourishing the child`s imagination, and to provide a warmth-filled place to work, play and create.
We believe that play is the serious work of childhood, and that learning by doing provides the foundation for critical thinking, problem solving and a lifelong enthusiasm for knowledge.
Developed by Rudolf Steiner in 1919, Waldorf Education is based on a developmental approach that addresses the needs of the growing child.
Waldorf teachers strive to transform education into an art that educates the whole child-the heart and the hands, as well as the head.
Our programming is primarily outdoors every day in all seasons.
- School Type: Early Childhood / Day Care
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 59 students
- Yearly Tuition: $22,220
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: Feb. 1 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 38%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Feb. 1 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
- Acorn Hill brings about recognition and understanding of all the world`s cultures and religions. We are based on a belief that there is a spiritual dimension to the human being and to all of life. Waldorf families come from a broad spectrum of religious traditions and interests.Education tends to focuses on the intellectual aspect of the human being and may ignore several other parts that are essential to our well-being. These include our life of feeling (emotions, aesthetics, and social sensitivity), our willpower (the ability to get things done), and our moral nature (being clear about right and wrong). We believe that media and screen time hamper the development of the child`s imagination, therefore no electronic media of any kind is used in our curriculum. Instead, our pre-academic programs nurture imitative and imaginative play, social and physical activity, and an appreciation for beauty and nature. The programs endow children with a strong sense of self and a platform for success in later academic pursuits by building sound logical reasoning, mental capabilities and a reverence for life. We let children be children!
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Acorn Hill Waldorf Kindergarten & Nursery. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Student Health Records: Vaccinations
Most parents have questions about vaccinations. We look at the big picture and offer some sources for you to do your own research.
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.