The Siena School®
Siena seeks to create a highly individualized and personalized learning experience for each student. We accomplish this by maintaining a small overall school size and small class sizes, and by providing students with a range of individual supports such as a faculty advisor and an individualized learning plan.
Siena students have great creative strengths, and the arts programs help students build on those strengths in familiar and unfamiliar media. Arts offerings currently include drawing and painting, music, drama and photography.
With a strong philosophical belief in experiential learning, our students undertake regular field trips that take full advantage of Washington, DC's wealth of cultural, artistic and civic institutions.
Technology is an integral part of Siena's program and is used to both support and enhance the learning experience. Our curriculum is presented in a multimedia/multisensory format that is highly engaging and well-suited to our students' learning styles.
- The Siena School offers a rich educational program for bright, college-bound students in grades 4-12 with language-based learning differences, such as dyslexia.
- Our program is designed for students with mild to moderate needs who experience a discrepancy between their intellectual abilities and academic achievement in one or more areas such as reading, writing, oral expression or math.
- The Siena School's high school program focuses on preparing students for admissions to competitive college and university programs.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades 4-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild to Moderate Language-Based Learning Differences|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 19 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Bekah Atkinson|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
- For further information on The Siena School's admissions process, please visit http://www.thesienaschool.org/admissions
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Silver SpringGrades: 9-12 | 58 students
955 Sligo Ave
Silver Spring, MD 20910
- HyattsvilleGrades: 5-12 | 63 students
2970 Belcrest Center Drive, Suite300
Hyattsville, MD 20782
- RockvilleGrades: NS-8 | 299 students
11701 Danville Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
- RockvilleGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
9975 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
- BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
December 12, 2017
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
December 12, 2017
You won't find several things in private schools which you will find in public schools.
December 04, 2017
If you are responsible for marketing your school, you probably have encountered the term SEO. If you are unfamiliar with SEO, this article will introduce you to the basic concepts.