Julia Brown Montessori School
- At The Julia Brown Montessori Schools, we work with nature, not against it, in helping your child achieve his or her goal.
- Our program accepts the endless energies, the creative impulses, and insatiable curiosities of the children and gradually directs their efforts into rewarding channels.
- Children have a strong natural desire to learn. This desire can best be nurtured by allowing the child to choose his or her own activities and to work at his or her own pace.
- No one can produce a better lesson schedule than the one produced by the child's own interests.
- When they are ready for each step in their development, their enthusiasm for this part of the program is obvious.
- As a complement to the Montessori program, the children are also introduced to a variety of special activities during the years they spend with us.
- In past years, for example, we have offered special programs in dance, gymnastics, music, or a foreign language as a means of enhancing our broad-based curriculum.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Plunkett|
- If you feel that your child should begin their formal education in a quiet, calm and busy atmosphere, using a method of education that took sixty years to perfect, we invite your child to join us. Call to schedule a tour today; we look forward to meeting with you.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethesda Grades: PK-K | 98 students
7210 Hidden Creek Rd
Bethesda, MD 20817
(301) 320-8832 9.9 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.