Jewish Community Day School
Tel: (617) 972-1733
Jewish Community Day School Photo #2 - This Lower School student is getting ready for Rosh Hashana by practicing his Shofar skills!
Jewish Community Day School Photo #3 - Three members of the JCDS Girls Soccer teams take a break to smile for the camera.
Jewish Community Day School Photo #4 - Second grade students share what they have learned in their Social Sciences unit.
Jewish Community Day School Photo #5 - A Middle School student helps Lower School students prepare for participation in a Tashlich ceremony.
Jewish Community Day School Photo #6 - Lower School students enjoy reading and listening to their classmates.
Jewish Community Day School Photo #7 - Middle School students run an experiment in their science classroom.
- JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School, provides a dynamic learning environment for Kindergarten, elementary and middle school students.
- JCDS is committed to innovative, engaging and challenging academics, with extensive integration of Hebrew language and Jewish studies.
- The school is not affiliated with a single denomination or movement within Judaism.
- It teaches Jewish values, traditions, prayers and texts, and supports the wide range of belief and practice among its constituent families.
- JCDS promotes love of learning and respect for individual differences.
- It is a child-centered program with a balance of individualized and group learning opportunities in multi-age classrooms.
- The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history.
- Recognizing the significance of the State and its national institutions, we seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||157 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Orna Siegel|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, SoccerBasketball, Crew,|
- JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School's program is centered around five core values: Intentional Pluralism Hebrew and English Throughout the Day Academic Excellence A Whole Chile Approach A Warm, Welcoming Community
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- West Newton Grades: PK-9 | 542 students
250 Waltham Street
West Newton, MA 02465
(617) 630-2300 1 PK-9
- Watertown Grades: NS-K
26 Chestnut Street
Watertown, MA 02472
(617) 402-5220 1 NS-K
- Newton Grades: 4-12 | 95 students
575 WASHINGTON STREET
Newton, MA 02458
(781) 641-5992 1.1 4-12
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.