A Middle School student helps Lower School students prepare for participation in a Tashlich ceremony.
- JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School, provides a dynamic learning environment for Kindergarten, elementary and middle school students.
- JCDS is committed to innovative, engaging and challenging academics, with extensive integration of Hebrew language and Jewish studies.
- The school is not affiliated with a single denomination or movement within Judaism.
- It teaches Jewish values, traditions, prayers and texts, and supports the wide range of belief and practice among its constituent families.
- JCDS promotes love of learning and respect for individual differences.
- It is a child-centered program with a balance of individualized and group learning opportunities in multi-age classrooms.
- The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history.
- Recognizing the significance of the State and its national institutions, we seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Orna Siegel|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, SoccerBasketball, Crew,
- JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School's program is centered around five core values: Intentional Pluralism Hebrew and English Throughout the Day Academic Excellence A Whole Chile Approach A Warm, Welcoming Community
Profile last updated: 09/11/2015
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
26 Chestnut Street
Watertown, MA 02472
WalthamGrades: K-8 | 222 students
175 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02453
NewtonGrades: K-6 | 259 students
200 Jackson Road
Newton, MA 02458
West NewtonGrades: PK-9 | 506 students
250 Waltham Street
West Newton, MA 02465
NewtonGrades: NS-K | 148 students
47 Walnut Park
Newton, MA 02458
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.