Jewish Community Day School
A Middle School student helps Lower School students prepare for participation in a Tashlich ceremony.
- JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School, provides a dynamic learning environment for Kindergarten, elementary and middle school students.
- JCDS is committed to innovative, engaging and challenging academics, with extensive integration of Hebrew language and Jewish studies.
- The school is not affiliated with a single denomination or movement within Judaism.
- It teaches Jewish values, traditions, prayers and texts, and supports the wide range of belief and practice among its constituent families.
- JCDS promotes love of learning and respect for individual differences.
- It is a child-centered program with a balance of individualized and group learning opportunities in multi-age classrooms.
- The creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history.
- Recognizing the significance of the State and its national institutions, we seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||202 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,400|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Orna Siegel|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Crew, SoccerBasketball, Crew,|
- JCDS, Boston's Jewish Community Day School's program is centered around five core values: Intentional Pluralism Hebrew and English Throughout the Day Academic Excellence A Whole Chile Approach A Warm, Welcoming Community
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WatertownGrades: NS-K
26 Chestnut Street
Watertown, MA 02472
- WalthamGrades: K-8 | 222 students
175 Main Street
Waltham, MA 02453
- NewtonGrades: K-6 | 347 students
200 Jackson Road
Newton, MA 02458
- West NewtonGrades: PK-9 | 506 students
250 Waltham Street
West Newton, MA 02465
- NewtonGrades: NS-6 | 346 students
47 Walnut Park
Newton, MA 02458
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.