Jordan Lake School of the Arts
- Along with a strong core curriculum, early high school/college credit classes, and unique vocational training, JLSA offers an advanced educational opportunity. Whether we are painting, creating topiaries, putting on a play, or using many of the other art forms, students are provided with a safe and non judgmental environment to express, create, and develop dynamic thinking skills.
- With a multi-sensory approach children are guided through activities that enhance gross and fine motor skills as well as provide for communication and social skills development along with our core curriculum.
- Children benefit from a compassionate environment and long term friendships that are accepting as well as from our program of experiential learning.
- We follow and integrated curriculum that meets NCSOS standards with advanced coursework.
- We honor every child's unique gift and talent and encourage them to be the best they can be, Inclusion for gifted and those on the autism spectrum is our specialty.
Jordan Lake School of the Arts places among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism Spectrum and out of the box thinkers|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,900|
|Tuition Notes||Ticket purchase and fundraising required|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Beth Kuklinski|
|Admissions Associate||Beth Kuklinski|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Care of Horses and Horseback Riding, Community learning, Dance, music, Outdoor Education program, Theater, Yoga|
- Hiking trails, lake access, and nature setting
- Arts enrichment and a sense of community
- Social skills, inclusion, for the gifted, ASD and unique learners
- Small teacher/student ratio
- beautiful indoor and outdoor learning spaces
- Trained and nurturing teachers
- People that viewed Jordan Lake School of the Arts also viewed these schools: Chesterbrook Academy-preschool And Elementary School, St Mary Magdalene Catholic School, Thales Academy Apex K-5, Cary Christian School and The Mariposa School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cary Grades: PK-5 | 140 students
130 Towne Village Dr
Cary, NC 27513
(919)319-9622 9.7 PK-5
- Cary Grades: K-12 | 776 students
1330 Old Apex Rd
Cary, NC 27513
(919)303-2560 11.3 K-12
- Cary Grades: PK | 55 students
203 Gregson Dr
Cary, NC 27511
(919)461-0600 11.4 PK
This is a wonderful learning environment with a challenging, yet appropriately individualized. The student body is diverse, so there are college bound students and some students who are vocationally geared. It isn't the place for violent or aggressive kids and only the kids who really fit (and families) are retained. It makes for a cohesive environment and we are all working together. Great community!
- Posted by Parent - kakuk
Jordan Lake School of the Arts (JLSA) is a saving grace and that is putting it mildly for our young son who found himself moved around from school to school countless times within the Wake County school systems program before celebrating his 7th birthday. Some form of consistency is a must for a growing child on the spectrum and we began to notice his being moved around so frequently at no fault of his own, took him from eager learner to an anxious mess. Finding a solution for our son became a must. Today I am happy to share that we are on year four at JLSA...I smile as I type this as I share with the great enthusiasm that the growth within our son is beyond anything that we could have expected. I credit the growth to everyone somehow affiliated with JLSA from the founder and teachers to the students and to the wonderful parents who in most cases we call family. He is in an environment that incorporates academics with so much more...he is encouraged to be independent, he is learning about community and being exposed to so many enriching opportunities...the education and experience is priceless. If you have a child on the Spectrum...or an extraordinary child that beats to their own amazing drum looking for something more in the education system then what they are getting, I encourage you to call JLSA to learn more... I am so very glad that I did.
- Posted by Parent - shira
Love, love, love this school! My daughter has blossomed there. She went from a very bad experience in public school, with bullying, teasing and the like, to this school where she is loved for who she is. She has many learning difficulties, but is doing very well. This is our fourth year at this school. This year she is in 9th grade. She is learning algebra, geometry and doing well with it. Her class is also currently reading Shakespeare and learning about US history. There are weekly math and spelling quizes. Homework is kept to a minimum. All the kids and teachers here are very kind and gentle. No bullying here!
- Posted by Parent - nbmay
This is the best school ever!! Everybody is so nice here and there is no bullying at all. The kids are so nice and so are the teachers. It is always interesting and fun.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - ekukl