Julia Morgan School For Girls
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (510) 632-6000
- Julia Morgan School for Girls, the first all girls middle school in the East Bay, opened its doors in the fall of 1999.
- The primary objective of the Julia Morgan School is to prepare our students to be the confident, capable, creative, and compassionate women of tomorrow.
- We are dedicated to the intellectual, creative, social and emotional growth of girls during their critical middle school years.
- Our goal is to provide educational opportunities and positive role models not fully afforded girls in coeducational institutions.
- We strive to create an arena for academic excellence, critical thinking, positive risk-taking, and the development of individual talents.
- Learning will extend beyond the walls of the classroom into the community to foster compassion and social responsibility.
- Julia Morgan School is committed to creating a school community that reflects the remarkable diversity of the East Bay.
- In addition, we aspire to serve as a resource on girls' education for public and independent school educators.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / Dec. 4|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,975|
|Tuition Notes||One time enrollment fee of $1200 and technology fee of $325. Tuition includes books, field trips and all program related fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,648|
|Admissions Director||Marcia Bedford|
|Admissions Associate||Emi Jerome|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Chorus, Improv Group
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Applicants are required to visit classes and attend a group assessment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oakland Grades: 9-12 | 372 students
Oakland, CA 94618
(510) 652-0111 3.5 9-12
- Oakland Grades: PK-8 | 377 students
410 Alcatraz Ave
Oakland, CA 94609
(510) 653-3324 3.3 PK-8
- Altadena Grades: NS | 12 students
922 E Mendocino St
Altadena, CA 91001
(626) 794-2244 340.6 NS
JMSG raised my confidence more than I thought possible. It's pretty awesome.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alice
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?