Julia Morgan School for Girls
- Julia Morgan School for Girls, the first all girls middle school in the East Bay, opened its doors in the fall of 1999.
- The primary objective of the Julia Morgan School is to prepare our students to be the confident, capable, creative, and compassionate women of tomorrow.
- We are dedicated to the intellectual, creative, social and emotional growth of girls during their critical middle school years.
- Our goal is to provide educational opportunities and positive role models not fully afforded girls in coeducational institutions.
- We strive to create an arena for academic excellence, critical thinking, positive risk-taking, and the development of individual talents.
- Learning will extend beyond the walls of the classroom into the community to foster compassion and social responsibility.
- Julia Morgan School is committed to creating a school community that reflects the remarkable diversity of the East Bay.
- In addition, we aspire to serve as a resource on girls' education for public and independent school educators.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / Dec. 4|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,975|
|Tuition Notes||One time enrollment fee of $1200 and technology fee of $325. Tuition includes books, field trips and all program related fees.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$17,648|
|Admissions Director||Marcia Bedford|
|Admissions Associate||Emi Jerome|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Math Club, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Band and Chorus, Improv Group
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Applicants are required to visit classes and attend a group assessment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Altadena Grades: NS | 12 students
922 E Mendocino St
Altadena, CA 91001
(626)794-2244 340.6 NS
- Emeryville Grades: PK-8 | 377 students
410 Alcatraz Ave
Emeryville, CA 94609
(510)653-3324 3.3 PK-8
JMSG raised my confidence more than I thought possible. It's pretty awesome.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alice