- Julia Morgan School for Girls, the first all girls middle school in the East Bay, opened its doors in the fall of 1999.
- The primary objective of the Julia Morgan School is to prepare our students to be the confident, capable, creative, and compassionate women of tomorrow.
- We are dedicated to the intellectual, creative, social and emotional growth of girls during their critical middle school years.
- Our goal is to provide educational opportunities and positive role models not fully afforded girls in coeducational institutions.
- We strive to create an arena for academic excellence, critical thinking, positive risk-taking, and the development of individual talents.
- Learning will extend beyond the walls of the classroom into the community to foster compassion and social responsibility.
- Julia Morgan School is committed to creating a school community that reflects the remarkable diversity of the East Bay.
- In addition, we aspire to serve as a resource on girls' education for public and independent school educators.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Coalition of Girls
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-8|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 11 / Dec. 4|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$27,200|
|Tuition Notes||One time enrollment fee of $1200 and technology fee of $325. Tuition includes books, field trips and all program related fees.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Marcia Bedford|
|Admissions Associate||Keri Halbritter-Ko|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band and Chorus, Improv Group, Math Club, Running Club, Team Sports Improv Group, Math Club, Running Club, Team Sports, Band and Chorus,
- Applicants are required to visit classes and attend a group assessment.
Profile last updated: 10/29/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
VallejoGrades: K-8 | 289 students
3460 Tennessee St
Vallejo, CA 94591
VallejoGrades: PK-8 | 380 students
1230 Nebraska St
Vallejo, CA 94590
Palo AltoGrades: 6-12 | 438 students
1310 Bryant St
Palo Alto, CA 94301
Palo AltoGrades: 6-8 | 198 students
3400 West Bayshore Road
Palo Alto, CA 94043
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 278 students
4660 Harbord Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
JMSG raised my confidence more than I thought possible. It's pretty awesome.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alice